corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 6 x 9 Speaker Problem!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 6 x 9 Speaker Problem!!!
corsaevu

User status: Offline
   21st Jul 06 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay basically in my car i have a JVC headunit GD-311 or something and some infinity 6x9s in my shelf.

The 6x9s are wired into the wires to the rear speakers, i.e. the rear speaker wires go to the 6x9s; not the rear speakers.

Up to now they have worked really well with lots of bass and playing really loud.

BUT yesterday i suddenly noticed that they had lost most of there power!! When i turn the music up there is hardly any bass and lots of treble and comparibly quiet!!!

So i played around with the headunit and found that when i fade the music to either the left or the right then the 6x9 works perfectly independently, but when you fade to both at equal strength the above happens!!!

ANY IDEAS????

I dunno what happened last night as i did not even use my car!!

All help would be greatly appreciated!!
corsaevu

22nd Jul 06 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone any ideas?
AaronHorn

23rd Jul 06 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing you can do is obviously check your stereo settings, then try another set of speakers in place of your 6x9s. If you find they are getting enough power then prehaps you've damaged your 6x9s (the heat may not have helped) otherwise you could have bad wiring or a damaged HU.
corsaevu

23rd Jul 06 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right mate, will try some other speakers!!
Brayshaw !

24th Jul 06 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this happened to me en i first ever put speakers in my car..dont no if it will b same for u but i had a loose wire in the lead that plugs into the back of ur head unit pull it out turn it on n play with the wires to see if it is that if it is jus get a new lead i did n it wer fine after

New Poll