corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Kadett Progress Thread : UPDATE: 22-05-2008 New Shell

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kadett Progress Thread : UPDATE: 22-05-2008 New Shell
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jul 06 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok well i got the car about 2 weeks ago now and had it insured last week to drive about in before i took it off the road but it has given me a few porblems so far, exhaust hanger has snapped off car, hanger on rear box is just hanging on, and to top it all off the last day i had it insured it broke down on my way to work!

So today i started the process of striping it down, got home a bit early and spent bout a hour on it but it was just to hot so left it for today!
Also found out that all the kit was stuck on with sikaflex when its had a rather bad respray before.
Found a few intrestering bits but may have to repalce a rear arch which is a bit of a job, alos got a new door, boot lid, bonnet and wings that i can use!

DAY 1:

All SR kit taken off aswell as grill and rear bumper!

Took the rear interior out!

Here`s the not so standard fitted engine!

All the bits i took off today minus the interior!

This is the little module that is making the whole car not run, just gota find one the same as it now!

And finally found this rather intersting hole in the boot floor whilst inspecting which i will have to inspect further when i overhaul the whole shell!

And have now settled on the final look of it, going to be as near as i can get it to this, what do you think?

[Edited on 22-05-2008 by Graeme]
Paul H

25th Jul 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will look good mate.always loved my mk1 kadett GTE
big eck

25th Jul 06 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice mate, especially if it looks like the shopped version, not keen on the wheels though
Dom

25th Jul 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks brilliant and the final idea looks top notch too

btw, nice corsa you have - saw you a few weeks ago on the back roads around cranfield
Reedy

25th Jul 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep at it mate. Looks mint. Keep at it even if it cheeses you off. Wil be soo good when youve finished it
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hasent cheesed me off yet and hope it wont as im gona be doing it slowley and need gona try book it in spray it when the bott is away next time on holiday which will be a good few months!

and dom cheers, yeah i work in wavendon and go through Cranfield everyday on my way to there!
Paul H

25th Jul 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might have one of them modules in the shed will look in a bit.still got a few parts kicking around from the mk1
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oo please, i dont know if its different for a xe though but if you do i will be very gratefull!
Paul H

25th Jul 06 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a look got everything but that,starter motor airbox and stuff
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh well, cheers anyway!
Adam-D

25th Jul 06 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck

Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
very nice mate, especially if it looks like the shopped version, not keen on the wheels though

wheels will be polished if i can afford it as they are allready bloody expensive to buy as there porsche alloys!

and cheers, im sure im gona need it, a long way to go still!
Robin
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that colour vauxhall champagne? (on the shop)

not keen on those wheels... a set of D90s would look better tbh
Ojc

25th Jul 06 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AMAZING

Rachels mum and dad offered me a gold one 1300 about a year ago, in quite good condition, I am slowly falling in love.
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
is that colour vauxhall champagne? (on the shop)

not keen on those wheels... a set of D90s would look better tbh

i think it is but its very close to a BMW colour aswell, gona get the chips from work one day and offer them up to the screen and then choose but will most probs be the champagne one!

what are D90`s?

They are 928 winter wheels which i think are pretty cool and in 16`s which i want, just have to buy the adaptors though!
ed

25th Jul 06 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

D90's = Porsche Desigh 90's. (The wheels).
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just looked them up and yeah there nice but these are a bit differnt i thought, also gona have a few small trick bits up my sleave with this!
FlamingCorsa

25th Jul 06 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate, good to c porgress from a project from u, got alot of respect for u
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never have the effort to do things after i come home from work!

i have alot of respect for you mate as you are talented and very commited and im very gelous of ur workshop!
FlamingCorsa

25th Jul 06 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C4 WLK
i never have the effort to do things after i come home from work!

i have alot of respect for you mate as you are talented and very commited and im very gelous of ur workshop!

i do stuff to cars to get me away from my work, it takes my mind of working cos have enough stress in the kitchen!!!

i am very lucky to have the space i do, take it for granted!
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats the thing i genrally do nothing to get away from work or go to car shows but i live cars, i get up to work on cars and always talk and look at cars but that is why this is going to be a slow project!

something to do now and again when i get bored and have time!
STEvieXE

25th Jul 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks well mate. keep us all updated. the look ur going for is mint. i dont even really like mk1s either
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieN.I.
looks well mate. keep us all updated. the look ur going for is mint. i dont even really like mk1s either

dont worry its and Opel kadett D and not a mk1 astra!!

only thing different tbh is the bonnet lever is on the other side!!
STEvieXE

25th Jul 06 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol cool touch
nik

25th Jul 06 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Final mock up one looks great, good luck

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Kadett Progress Thread : UPDATE: 22-05-2008 New Shell 23 database queries in 0.0191391 seconds