corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Wales » The last few days of fun *56k warning*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The last few days of fun *56k warning*
James R

User status: Offline
6th Aug 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been on the board for a while, as I've been on a bit of a corsa/vauxhalls break recently, as I defected to french things.

Anyways, I'm off to the ring thursday for a weekend of fun, only one minor thing, I needed to put a new engine in the car. And finsih building it too. here's the story fo far

Well as usual, I've had 6 weeks to plan for germany, and I've sat on my arse for the last 5, so time to get cracking on the car. Well, ben my passanger rang as asked how I was getting on, I told him so he was on the M4 coming over to kick me in the *ss with some size twelves.

He arrived at 11 to catch me doing some laps of the ring on the PS2, so he joined in with a cup of tea, then it was 12, ohh time was marching on, so off to the garage.

aim of the day, remove engine :blink:

Ben mid mince

No idea what it's he'd doing to the poor car in this one

Nearly out - at this point we needed the engine crane, but couldn't pick it up till 5pm (Ben sneaked in a nap )

To stop bordem, Ben got his TB's out that are due on his Mi we're building to get some measurements (and make me jealous)

Lots of Vroom Vroom screatch noises followed B)

then it was lunchtime, so back to get food and do a few more laps, managed a combined 8.57mins with ben doing the first section and me taking over half way, then back to work

After I stripped the head off the engine awaiting the spangley new bottom end to arrive from ASB_Operations

Roll on tomorrow

Still on list

Fit new engine
Fit passanger seat
Mount big Fire extinguisher
Run in said new engine
Mount oil cooler
Fit new wiper blades
5 days left now of working time on the car. best keep the pace up.

[quote name='James_R' date='Aug 4 2006, 07:52 PM' post='66878']
More progress made to day

So far:
Wipers fitted
Loom repaired
Oil cooler mounted
Engine assembled

Anthony kindley arrived with the bottom end at lunchtime, after some faffing the egg box was in and the sump on.

Oil cooler mounted in for sneaky air flow, hacked the cowling up so it's got lots of room, sealed it off as I'll not hook it up till the engine's on normaly oil, not running in chip fat

Voila, Bert, ready to go in, just got to torque the head done, and plug some connectors in, will be running today (means by midnight) Then off for the first 30mile jaunt

More pics of myself and Anthony looking past it to come

[quote name='James_R' date='Aug 5 2006, 10:29 AM' post='66942']
Engine's done it's first 30 miles, I popped out first thing and left Mr Shuttle to have a lie in, since he's been up late on my behalf recently.

Speedo watch

Would like to just say big thanks to Anthony for his help and expertise, although next time I'll connect the coolant hoses

[Edited on 06-08-2006 by James R]
James R

16th Aug 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyways, just been to germany to watch the old timers GP and give the car utter death on the nordscheilfe. In true last minute style I only put the new engine in the car 6days before leaving, and had to run it in before I left. 900miles and 5 days later it was the night before and fitting the passanger seat and a few other jobs had me up till 2am then comign home packing and leaving. Safe to say Red bull was my friend :?
Arrived thursday evening with enough time to get a sighting lap in that evening, the track was very slippery and next to GT4 seemed like a totally different track.

Car managed 12 laps, and used 2 tanks of fuel doing it, very thirsty on fuel there. Also managed a spin at 80 on my last but one lap trying to crack 9.30's after getting caught by some damp, still missed the armco and kept it together.

Jus thave to say, if you're a petrolhead type, it's supercar mecca, you've never seen so many porsches in one spot. GT3 RS's were common as mars bars there. Also GT4 is not close to the track, it's a must see.

Here a few of the pics still waiting on others to get back with more.

Planning to go out first weekend of october, if anyone interested, you'd be welcome to tag along.

Cars taken a bit of a beating, so it's getting some TLC, and should be ready for donnington park on the 3rd fingers crossed.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

16th Aug 06 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mofo looks like you had a good time, when you back in sunny wales?
James R

16th Aug 06 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welsh motorsport show thingy chepstow race course end of the month. Will be there with blakcy and a firends 306 Maxi track machine

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Wales » The last few days of fun *56k warning* 23 database queries in 0.0128469 seconds