corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1960 Split Screen Camper.

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1960 Split Screen Camper.
Tiger

User status: Offline
8th Aug 06 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok. This LHD 11 Window Walkthrough (6 pop-outs, 1 with a cracked glass and hence not fitted) was imported from California by myself in August 2004. Its on Californian plates still, of which I have the appropriate pink slip for.

The splitty is the small rear window and tiny rear lamp lense type.

Firstly, i'm selling up because im going to New Zealand in 3 months and my mum wont let me keep it in the garage, the money will also help me in my travels as I plan to be away for the best part of two years.
----------------------------------------------------------------

The Details:

Bad:

Needs a full paint job - the paint is weatherproof but looks scruffy and is currently in blue and white.

There is no interior panelling and no interior at all in the van apart from the front seats(which is good in a way because nothing can be hidden behind any panels, all is there to see)

Needs a rear valance.

Needs new rubbers all round coz they are pretty crumbly.

Needs solenoid.

Has an small uncreased dent on the front panel, easy fix though.

Good Points:

Has reconned 1500 engine with loads of new parts.

Has almost new freeway flyer gearbox.

Entirely new brake system (new master cyl., brake lines at rear, shoes all round which cost quite a bit of money!)

The van has been lowered all round and is very low.

Because the van has come from california it really is dry as a bone, there is no rot at all, the gutters are great and the underside is great too.

The electrics are MOT ready.

Pop-outs.

Uncut Dashboard.

The van has a brand new fuel tank installed that was fitted when I had the engine fitted (I know theres not much fuel in the van at the minute and its a large capacity tank, its not registered on the fuel gauge so im not sure if the gauge works or not)

Cali style front bumper (not fitted)

Good US Spec front lights. (the lights in the photo now have new lenses because one was cracked when this photo was taken)

I drove the van back (25 miles) from when I had the engine fitted and parked it up in the garage, but that was a while ago now so the engine turns but I think I just need to put some juice in the carb to get her firing again, im going to hopefully to do this tomorrow. When I drove her back though she drove really well.

Im just about to upload some photos so they will be here very shortly.

Looking for about £5650.

Could drive away at your risk as soon as ive got her started.

Ben.

Greg_M

11th Aug 06 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very interested, could you contact me to arange a viewing
Tiger

11th Aug 06 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is someone coming to have a look tonight, but, I will let you know the outcome and we will sort something out from there mate.

Hope thats ok,

Ben.
Tiger

13th Aug 06 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got her running sweet as a nut now.

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1960 Split Screen Camper. 24 database queries in 0.0086439 seconds