corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Cleaning Sprays (help needed !!!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Cleaning Sprays (help needed !!!)
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Sep 06 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm considering getting some cleaner for the throttle body/inlet because when i changed the upper inlet gasket not long ago, it was caked up with carbon deposits and that. I did clean some out, but didn't fancy taking half the engine apart to clean all the inlet.

So, my question is, does anyone reccomend a cleaner that can be sprayed down the inlet to clean all of this stuff out ?? And, will this possibly affect any of the notoriously fragile sensors ???

And has anyone had any experience with cleaning the inlet ?? I'm not expecting it to do anything performance wise or anything, but it can't be doing much good caking it up ??

Mase
gasman dan

1st Sep 06 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used somethin called 10k boost, made it run abit rough for abit the seemed abit smoother afterwards. wether this was all in my head or it did actually run better i dunno, didnt fuck anythin up anyway
Mase
Premium Member

2nd Sep 06 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

Mase
flash22

2nd Sep 06 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bit of carb cleaner down the tb does the job. It's cheap too a £4 a can

When i service my car i tend to stick some injector cleaner in the tank just to keep things runing nice aswell

New Poll