corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 9/11 Five Years On

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 9/11 Five Years On
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Sep 06 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still on Severe alert, just wondering whether people think terrorism is now part of what the world is today, it doesnt seem to be going away so are we stuck with this or will things get better somehow
Ryk

11th Sep 06 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Five years back and a shooting in a city was a big, unheard of thing that you were shocked to here about! Now its everyday and you don't even acknowledge it in anywhere near the same way. So yes, I think we'll be stuck with it. People will always want more than they can have.
_Allan_

11th Sep 06 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You American?

11/09

CorsAsh

11th Sep 06 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welsh, nearly as bad

Tom
corsaevu

11th Sep 06 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah interesting thought this, 5th year anniversary today and i am flying to heathrow tomoro.

prob a bad date to have picked!!
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

11th Sep 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my friends girlfriend starts her new job as a long haul trolley dolly today and she's flying to the usa, she's worried to say the least.

[Edited on 11-09-2006 by 1_Litre_Porsche_Beater]
Sam
Premium Member

11th Sep 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 years since it happened.

I'm listening to Coldplay - Sparks. This song always reminds me of the time I came home and saw all this going on, in the news, was listening to this song in the car.

RIP 9/11 people.
andy1868

11th Sep 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.rcfp.org/moussaoui/jpg/P200336.jpg

theres a picture of all the people killed in the attacks, R.I.P

sorry seth

[Edited on 11-09-2006 by andy1868]

[Edited on 11-09-2006 by andy1868]
SetH

11th Sep 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus christ bandwith rapist, should have just linked to it tbh.

RIP to all the poor souls that perished on that day

[Edited on 12-09-2006 by Ian]
Kerry

11th Sep 06 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we did min silence at 13.46pm
SetH

11th Sep 06 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol no worries m8, its quite uncanny looking at that picture, putting faces to the people that died that day.
Lynny

11th Sep 06 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a customer in work kick off at me today as we werent having a minutes silence
Lynny

11th Sep 06 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by lynny_sxi
had a customer in work kick off at me today as we werent having a minutes silence

You should have said sssshhhhhh

this was just after....he obeyed the silence
Jules S
Premium Member

11th Sep 06 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam

I'm listening to Coldplay - Sparks. This song always reminds me of the time I came home and saw all this going on, in the news, was listening to this song in the car.

RIP 9/11 people.

Whilst i agree with that, 9/11 has become a mediafest to justify the 'war against terrorism'

I bet the terrorists are laughing themselves senseless about the coverage they are getting

Meanwhile, over in iraq, there are more fatalities per month than at the twin towers total. Think about that, and then add Afghanistan and the rest of the world....

I guess this post won't make me mr popular, but there is a broader 'loss of innocent life' picture out there.
SetH

11th Sep 06 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive always thought this jules, but been scared to voice it tbh.
Lynny

11th Sep 06 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah agreed jules - havent 32 of our soldies been killed in the last week or something daft like that over there?
Carr

11th Sep 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah jules i definately agree too. americans seem to think that just because they were non combatants its worse. well what about the blitz eh. they need some of that british grit to just grin and bear it.
Ojc

11th Sep 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why in the name of god would we have a minutes silence? You telling me that the Americans are gonna have a minutes silence on the 7/7?

No I didn't think so.

Seriously stop swallowing so much crap the media feeds you, Daddy Bush initiated all this mess, now we have to pick up the pieces of this big American mess.
Ojc

11th Sep 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carr
americans seem to think that just because they were non combatants its worse. well what about the blitz eh. they need some of that british grit to just grin and bear it.

And that is exactly it, there homeland has never ever come under attack from anyone or anything, I know they had the Oklahoma bombings a few years back but that was some nut job.

So when eventually they come under attack its the worse thing since McDonalds run out of french fries for them.

They need to grow some fcuking balls the idiots.
Fad

11th Sep 06 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

RIP 9/11 people.

Whilst i agree with that, 9/11 has become a mediafest to justify the 'war against terrorism'

I bet the terrorists are laughing themselves senseless about the coverage they are getting

Meanwhile, over in iraq, there are more fatalities per month than at the twin towers total. Think about that, and then add Afghanistan and the rest of the world....

I guess this post won't make me mr popular, but there is a broader 'loss of innocent life' picture out there.

No your just one of the more educated people out there who doesn't jump on the 'Sun/Mirror' bandwagon
SetH

11th Sep 06 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ojc... A to the motherfucking K brother
Ojc

11th Sep 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think I'm a heartless bastard, I honestly feel remorse for those killed in this, but I see the bigger picture and those in charge of the USofA (hell yeah) have a lot to answer for regarding those deaths.

[Edited on 11-09-2006 by Ojc]
Jules S
Premium Member

11th Sep 06 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets face it (openly) whilst 9/11 was a major tragedy, it was an American one (the first on their soil, embassy's aside)

As Oliver alluded to, will we have a 7/7 day in four years time?

Maybe, because we live in another country that seems to need to justify our actions elsewhere.

Cheers for that SetH, to me some things have to be said....I was just trying to put some perspective on the 9/11 events
andy1868

11th Sep 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have somewhat mixed feelings about the war on terror, but as time goes by, i see less and less point in it taking place. all i see on the news is British soldiers being killed in middle eastern countries and i for one am getting alittle sick of it. why are British troops still in Iraq? i have a cousin that recently came back from his second tour in iraq, his first being when the actual invasion was taking place. from what hes said to me, the coalition troops out there seem to be doing very little now, and the sectarian groups are calling the shots. Iraq is a very different place than what it was just after the invasion, and in my opinion, its time for our boys to come home for good.
Fad

11th Sep 06 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO if the USA had a genuine motive for this invasion it would of been wrapped up by now, clearly ulterior motives are in place and now both British and American Soldiers are now drawn into Bush's ideals.

Can not understand why the Yanks still follow his every word

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 9/11 Five Years On 22 database queries in 0.0132780 seconds