corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bastard linesmen

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bastard linesmen
Cosmo

User status: Offline
30th Sep 06 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We played shite, no doubt.

But 3 off side decisions which werent offside, and a free kick whihc they scored from which wasnt a free kick
J da Silva

30th Sep 06 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a free kick, the referee gave it, the reason for it being a free kick however was a bad decision.
Cosmo

30th Sep 06 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
It was a free kick, the referee gave it, the reason for it being a free kick however was a bad decision.

exactly
Jamie Walby

30th Sep 06 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah well. Some you win some you lose I guess.
J da Silva

30th Sep 06 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In Liverpool's case you win a few and lose a lot more.
Cosmo

30th Sep 06 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
In Liverpool's case you win a few and lose a lot more.

lately thats the case

Bit annoyed as we have lost 3 games now. One of which we deserved to (Everton) and the other two (Bolton and Chelsea) we created enough chances in both to win.

All three are always hard away games so will be happy if we get back on track now as Chelsea will drop more points this year than normally I think....hope!
Robbo

30th Sep 06 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we win our game in hand we are right back up there

Chelski and Pool dropping points but newc always get thumped by man u so no hope there!
Russ

1st Oct 06 at 06:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think rafa is loosing the plot abit
J da Silva

1st Oct 06 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
i think rafa is loosing the plot abit

He feels obliged to change things because he's not won the Premiership yet, change the personnel on the pitch, thats fine, but to rotate an already not gelled team is a bit sunday league.
But these losses of late will be a kick up the arse and he'll probably start sticking with his best team, Crouch has impressed me and he isn't in the team? weird! In his place is a missfiring striker who's lost his way a bit.
Kuyt has looked good since the Chelsea match, him and Crouch would pair up well.

-----------------------25 Reina----------------------------
--3 Finnan--23 Carragher--5 Agger--12 Aurelio----
--16 Pennant--8 Gerrard--14 Alonso--11 Gonzalez
-------------18 Kuyt----------15 Crouch-----------------

Do this Rafa!!
Russ

1st Oct 06 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed, why leave ur best striker out???
Cosmo

1st Oct 06 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nooo...you cant drop Sissoko. If your a Liverpool fan who has seen 99% of the games since he joined you'd know this. When he was out with his eye injury you could see how much we missed him in that midfield.

His best team was out yesterday other than Agger for Hyypia. Riise is better than Aurelio at LB. Personally Id play...

Reina

Finnan, Carra, Agger, Riise
Alonso, Sissoko, Gonzalez/Penant
Gerrard
Kuyt, Bellamy
Jamescorsa97

1st Oct 06 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crouch would be one of my first names on the team sheet.
Russ

1st Oct 06 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Nooo...you cant drop Sissoko. If your a Liverpool fan who has seen 99% of the games since he joined you'd know this. When he was out with his eye injury you could see how much we missed him in that midfield.

His best team was out yesterday other than Agger for Hyypia. Riise is better than Aurelio at LB. Personally Id play...

Reina

Finnan, Carra, Agger, Riise
Alonso, Sissoko, Gonzalez/Penant
Gerrard
Kuyt, Bellamy
why no crouch against a team so good at set pieces
Cosmo

1st Oct 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because with finnan, carra, riise, sissoko, gerrard, kuyt and agger or hyypia we should be able to handle any team for set pieces.

we need pace upfront, and that means bellamy. kuyt and crouch together are too similar in the fact they hold the ball up well, but kuyt offers more to his game.

rotating the team should work though, we won the champions league, super cup, fa cup and chatity shield doing so.
MarkM

1st Oct 06 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would play at home....

Reina

Finnan Agger Carragher Riise

Pennant Gerrard Alonso Gonzalez

Crouch Kuyt

I would drop Sissoko as I think at home we need to be more attacking and his breaking down of play isnt needed as much...Bellamy would be used if we needed to inject pace and change a game...

And away from home...

Reina

Finnan Carragher Agger Riise

Pennant Gerrard Sissoko Alonso Gonzalez

Kuyt

Sissoko would be back in a 5 man midfield to win the ball back and help us control the game...(obviously if we were playing someone shite we could revert back to 442)...I would also save bellamy for the last 30 mins and utilize his pace...

Thought on this?
Cosmo

1st Oct 06 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
I would play at home....

Reina

Crouch Kuyt

I would drop Sissoko as I think at home we need to be more attacking and his breaking down of play isnt needed as much...Bellamy would be used if we needed to inject pace and change a game...

And away from home...

Reina

Kuyt

Sissoko would be back in a 5 man midfield to win the ball back and help us control the game...(obviously if we were playing someone shite we could revert back to 442)...I would also save bellamy for the last 30 mins and utilize his pace...

Thought on this?

Agree with the first one, although Crocuh could come on and change a game more than Bellamy could, thats why I'd have him on the bench and Bellamy starting. See your point about Sissoko not being needed at home (other than the top teams) as could add a more attacking player instead.

Im also not a fan of only one upfront, but if we played with Pennant and Gonzalez getting right forward (other than just wingers) and also Gerrard right up there aswell it could easily work.
MarkM

1st Oct 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
I would play at home....

Reina

Crouch Kuyt

And away from home...

Reina

Kuyt

Thought on this?

Im also not a fan of only one upfront, but if we played with Pennant and Gonzalez getting right forward (other than just wingers) and also Gerrard right up there aswell it could easily work.

That is my thinking...if we did play one up front we have the players who can support...Dont forget we have Garcia etc who can also play as an attacking midfielder supporting...

I think it would work..

Russ

1st Oct 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
we need pace upfront, and that means bellamy. kuyt and crouch together are too similar in the fact they hold the ball up well, but kuyt offers more to his game.

crouch offers goals though..
Cosmo

1st Oct 06 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:

crouch offers goals though..

yeah I know what you mean, and agree if he is scoring then play the guy. Bellamy will score the goals though, just needs time to bed in and get a bit of understanding with Kuyt.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bastard linesmen 23 database queries in 0.0137510 seconds