corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wiring guru needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wiring guru needed
supermike

User status: Offline
12th Oct 06 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i have a haynes manual and have looked at the wiring but before i go ahead i wud like someone with knoledge of wiring to be of assistance if thats cool. I want to wire up my fag lighter so it powers up on either the first or second turn of the key, not 3rd(igniton on) so that i dont have to have my car started or ignition on to use it. Cheers

Mike
GavCorsa

13th Oct 06 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there not a connector already there for 1 to be connected?
AaronHorn

16th Oct 06 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm otoh.... The first turn is only to disable the steering lock (ie mechanical only) and the second turn is immobiliser? Personally I'd put it on the ignition on but be careful since (IIRC) you can damage the ignition coil by drawing too much power through it.
timmy101

19th Oct 06 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the easiest way to do that would be to take the memory live from your stero then just put that to the conector at the back of the fag lighter. thats the way i would do it.

New Poll