corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » replacing coolant

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author replacing coolant
amisha

User status: Offline
27th Oct 06 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i read all of the topics here about that action but i still have some question

1. a friend of mine recommended me also the do a flush with a cleaning fluid ( he recommended on prestone), can it harm something in the engine or else?
this is the site of the conpany : prestone

2. where is the draining hole in corsa c and should i need to drain air bubbles or just to run the engine with the cap off?

paulc

27th Oct 06 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doen this on my 99 corsa B , remove bottom rad hose , drain , i then removed a from the resivoir and placed a hose pipe onto it , and flushed the radiator , then placed hose pipe into resivior and flushed engine ,

Place hose back onto radiator at bottom , fill with resivoir with 50-50 mix antifreeze and distilled water ,

sorted
amisha

27th Oct 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually what are you saying is to flush the radiator first (by removing the pipe that connects between the rad and the engine , when the radiator is clean you flushed the engine by placing the pipe back to place ?

is there any recommended antifreeze for corsa c?
thank you !!

this is a great forum , advertise this forum ,it took me a while to find it !!

[Edited on 27-10-2006 by amisha]

New Poll