corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EPS on my rallycar!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EPS on my rallycar!
M559 WOW

User status: Offline
10th Nov 06 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys and galls, ive done a search for this and i know there have been loads of different posts about this in the past, but i got fed up of trying to find the answer im looking for!

basically im building a corsa rallycar, which will have a quickrack in it, and also a LSD which makes for difficult steering! so all i was wondering is, how hard would it be for me to get a EPS column, ecu and loom and fit it to my rallycar (corsa b). would it wire in ok, or are there hidden problems that i have not thought of!?

cheers people
jonny
ed

10th Nov 06 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be easy. To wire one in you need a rev counter signal, a speedo signal and power. The ECU for it does the rest. The column is a direct swap too apparently.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

10th Nov 06 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, coulmn is a direct swop and the wiring is as ed said. doing exactly the same on mine soon
M559 WOW

10th Nov 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the speedo i have isnt an electronic one, its cable operated, so i assume this poses a problem yes!?
ed

10th Nov 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should have a speed feed going to the MFD on the centre console so matter what...
Robin
Premium Member

10th Nov 06 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a shell with no loom iirc though ed
ed

10th Nov 06 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Duhhhhh Well, use an electronic speedo then
M559 WOW

10th Nov 06 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the loom out of the donar car tho, so it wil have a loom eventually!! haha. where does the electronic speedo pick its signal up from?? where is the speed sensor? im just sprayin the inside of the shell at the mo, so i keep popin in to check on this thread when my mate takes over!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

10th Nov 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speed sender is in the gearbox
DYL

11th Nov 06 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ m559wow....what part of north wales u from? im thinking of rallying my car....where did u get the cage from?
Rob E

11th Nov 06 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey John, i didnt know you were on here lol. Is that WOW thats been turned into a rally car? or have u brought a new shell? If u need any wiring diagrams or anything, let me know and ill get the shizzle vauxhall jobbies lol. Good luck with the rally car!
M559 WOW

11th Nov 06 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P3boy, ye ive been on ere for years! no mate this is a different shell, wow was too rusty to continue with the project so i stripped it to use it for spares, this is a different shell. and cheers, il let you know if i need anything.
DYL, im from near colwyn bay, i got the shell with the cage already in it as its cheaper doing it that way unless you can weld yourself, which im not very good at!!
M559 WOW

11th Nov 06 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and cheers dave A, i wil probably convert my car to run with an electronic speedo to enable me to use the EPS system
Robin
Premium Member

11th Nov 06 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you using it on the road? do you really need PAS if not?
M559 WOW

11th Nov 06 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not on a day to day basis no, but im planning on a fairly powerful 1600 16v engine in it eventually, and that mixd with the diff and qwikrack in the forrests will be pulling the steering all over the place expecially accelerating out of rough hairpins etc, with PAS it wil help me to keep it going where i want it abit better. my mate has a 1300 8v astra with a LSD and qwikrack and the steering on that is a nitemare, at the end of his 1st event his arms were hanging off, he hasnt got any PAS on his
Robin
Premium Member

11th Nov 06 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, probably is a good idea then
ed

11th Nov 06 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should really do this to mine. 18's plus a 20XEJ and an F20 = fucking pain in the arse to drive anywhere

[Edited on 11-11-2006 by ed]
James R

11th Nov 06 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also if you get the rack from a EPAS corsa (any 1L or 1.2 multivalve) then you'll have a qwikrack too for cheap

Good luck, I'm just havign a 40% plate diff fitted to my 205 at the mo, no powersteering, luckily I'm on track not forest gravel
M559 WOW

12th Nov 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wel il let you guys all know how i get on when its all up and running!! im guna post up some pics of the inside in general chat in a minute when ive uploaded the pictures! its all sprayed and ready to start building up inside now!

New Poll