corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project 206

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project 206
Pop

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 06 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here’s my 206 project so far…

In June 2005 I bought my 1999 ‘T’ plate 206 Gti…

Having owned it just under 2 weeks a dog which was off its lead decided to run in front of me…

After having to replace a few parts which just seemed to fall off the car (French build quality), some cheap subtle mods were the plan. Started off by getting a private plate, de-badging, de-wipering and fitting phase 2 boot strip and rear lights to the car…#

From this…

To this…

Next on the agenda was stripping the car. The overall aim was to track the car so out came the interior, which then got sold on. This just left the dash inside the car…

Some new seats were needed so I got myself some Sparco Evos and Luke 4 point harnesses…

With the seats being side mounted some bars were welded into the car to attach the side mounts to, then the seats…

Since the car was stripped I could hear a knocking noise coming from the nearside strut. Turns out the strut was nackered so I got some Eibach coilovers fitted…

I got a new job, which also meant a company car. With the 206 not needed for a daily driver anymore the first job was to clear a space for it in the garage.

Next on the list was a Safety Devices 6 point bolt and weld in cage and also front and rear carbon doorcards…

I needed some new discs and pads so thought sod it I’ll upgrade to the brakes off the 206 Gti 180. Bad pic here because you can’t really see them behind the wheel…

For a while I had a Sparco steering wheel and Snap-Off boss sitting in my room so I finally got round to getting them on the car…

I’ll update the thread when I make more progress…

[Edited on 03-06-2007 by Pop]

[Edited on 12-11-2008 by Pop]
SAL
Premium Member

23rd Nov 06 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good project ! i could do with a company car to keep the corsa
antscorsa

23rd Nov 06 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carbon interior looks awesome, get it deck on some nice motorsport wheels and will be v nice, get interior sprayed up bodycolour too.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

23rd Nov 06 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That cage looks very close to the stalk.

Is it just the angle of the picture or is it actually that tight a gap?
deano87

23rd Nov 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What company car did you get? Anything of the same caliber?
Pop

23rd Nov 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
That cage looks very close to the stalk.

Is it just the angle of the picture or is it actually that tight a gap?

it's the angle of the picture. the gap isn't massive but the stalk is nearer the driver than the cage is if you get me
Pop

23rd Nov 06 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
What company car did you get? Anything of the same caliber?

I work for mazda so I've had a few different ones... been in a 2.0 MX-5 for the last few months
Pop

7th Dec 06 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a carbon strut brace which I recently fitted...

the bonnet vent fouled on the strut brace so I got an ecosse one which would fit without any hassle...

Pop

3rd Jun 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted some new alloys, Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's in gloss black with 195/45/16 Yokohama A539 tyres

Also gave the car a service and fitted EBC discs and red stuff pads...

Since I bought the car I've never been to impressed with the induction kit that a previous owner had fitted.

The time to change came after the last session on a track day at Croft recently when I got some king of oil/acid on the foam filter and it tried to part company with my car.

Temporary bodge to get home...

Mmmmm melted filter...

If there was any hot air in the engine bay I'm pretty sure my last filter would be sucking it up so I decided to get an enclosed kit and run a cold air feed to.

The first part to arrive was the start of the cold air feed from Peugeot Sport in France, it fits where the passenger fog light is...

Decided the it would look crap being unpainted inside so a quick few coats with a rattle can sorted that out...

Next up was to get some gauze to cover the end of the cold air feed...

After cutting the edges to shape it was sealed onto the cold air feed and taped for good measure...

The induction kit I decide to go for was a pipercross viper, this comes whith some piping which will be fitted directly to the cold air feed. I sealed and taped the start of the piping join to the cold airfeed...

After a trial fit I realised the cold air feed was to long and was fouling against the arch liner, b0ll0x. Out came the hacksaw and the cold air feed was cut down to size...

With no real obvious attachments for the cold air feed a few people on forums suggested making brackets and fiberglassing it on. A quick trip to halfords and I had a fiberglassing kit. I'm not sure if you've tried fiberglassing before but it's a bit of a nightmare.

Here's the fiberglassing finished, it doesn't look pretty but as long as it holds I don't care...

Once the bumper was refitted it was a case of connecting the piping...

Then fitting the induction kit and connecting it all up...

At some point I'll change the blue silicone hose to black.

Last but not least a pic of the car put back together with the new induction system fitted...

Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a cool little mod Tim, what are you doing with the other side though?

And did the dog die?
Pop

3rd Jun 07 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At some point in the near future I think I'll remove the other foglight and put in some black mesh. Any idea where you can get any from?

I'm not sure if the dog died to be honest. The girl who owned it picked it up and ran off. I reported it to the Police, the dog owners didn't, mainly because they would have had to pay to fix my car!
Pop

12th Nov 08 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to go back over 30 pages to find this.

Some new things have been happening recently. I will get pics and hopefully update very soon.
aron

13th Nov 08 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really like the look of this project... cool colour

are these engines easy to get to gti180 spec etc?
Butler

13th Nov 08 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you sold the car ages ago mate??
mattievRS

13th Nov 08 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youre a member on 206info aint you?
gianluigi

13th Nov 08 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like this project. He's doing things properly

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project 206 23 database queries in 0.0169568 seconds