corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lighting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lighting
jay kay

User status: Offline
6th Dec 06 at 02:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

askin for a mate as i dont blv in them

I have footwell cathodes powered from the back of the ciggy lighter...this is all good but it requires a switch to go on and off, and it looks a bit gay putting them on to pose lol...

...so i thought...when I open the doors the interior light slowly turns on...and after 10 seconds or so it dims and turns off...this would be perfect for the footwell cathodes to run off! so they would just turn on for a few seconds everytime you open/unlock the car

so where would the easiest place be to splice the power from?

thanks
corsaggh

User status: Offline
6th Dec 06 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i wired up my alarm on my old corsa to the interior light i did the following,

1)Remove interior light to find which colour wire is +ive. use a tester as i cant remeber which wire is which.
2)Disconect battery
3)Remove glove box
4)Look on the left, there is a wiring loom which travels to the rear of the car.
5)coming off that loom should be a smaller loom which is heading up the A pillar.
6)Strip some of the insulation, find the wire you want and tap from there.
7) put the car back together and connect the battery, job done.

New Poll