corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South East » Monthly Meet discussion thread - Sunday January 7th 2007

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Monthly Meet discussion thread - Sunday January 7th 2007
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Dec 06 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi chaps,

First meet of the year so lets make it a good one. So far me and jr have discussed the idea of holding it at Luton at the pub we were at this month. It was a friendly place with a middle sized carpark that is secured by automatic bollards. Its very near to the M1, close to the airport which is good - And the chip&sauce was well priced and tasty.

I think there have been some ideas about getting the EM region involved too which could be grand. However, we must confirm the location before we start taking on the responsibility of entertaining another region.

The next steps for confirming the meet are:

* List other possible locations
* Speak to the owner of the locations to ensure its ok to talk in the carpark/use their facilities
* Confirm all the details and stick to it

Lets get organising.
SAL
Premium Member

7th Dec 06 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

luton is good for me i feel it will be to far for the really south east example t pot is in deal which is near dover, this would be quite a long haul for him and leroy and any others along that part of the regoin. would it be possible to post a map of the regoin? the more central the better imo. but then if we are to have a combined meet ie with the em region that luton seems central to both se and em...any way either way

1. stavz
jr

7th Dec 06 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO as ive disccused with willay is the combined meets work better, the banter is of highy qulaity and genrally better

the pub inluton, was easy to find, very veyr near to the M1 and a genrally good location
corsatpot

7th Dec 06 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

luton, your having a laugh aint ya! if its gona be tht far there would be no point in me comin as its a weeks wages on oil and fuel getting there and back! lol
JM_16v

7th Dec 06 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but not every meet should be combined? maybe know and again but more central to the region would be better so we get more people coming regularly at first before travelling further
davcohen

7th Dec 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id be interested in coming down even though i dont currently own a corsa, most of the meets are held in Kent which is usually pretty far for anyone coming from north london and further
leroy

7th Dec 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

north london to kent is nothing compared to dover to luton i worked at luton airport it takes the best part of 8 hours there n back but wot eva
liamcorsa

7th Dec 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats miles away!!!!! I agree with stavs and jm_16v. Abit more central would be smashing.
ed

7th Dec 06 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Southend day out? I can't remember if that was an idea in the maybe pile?
ed

7th Dec 06 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yea, would have to be on a Sat really wouldn't it...
jr

8th Dec 06 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
but not every meet should be combined? maybe know and again but more central to the region would be better so we get more people coming regularly at first before travelling further

thats all very well, But IMO luton is still SE, and no cunt will travel anywhere in the first place
jr

8th Dec 06 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trouble is you cant find mnay places that are that frendly to modded car owners, very few pubs actully like you beeing there

TBH the meet could be bang on central to the region, and people would find a reason no to come, it will allways involve travling somewhere, thats whys it a meet, people cant expect it to be on there door step

You hold it on kent, and north london people moan, You try and hold one in Reading and People Moan, You hold it in Luton and anyone south of the thames moans

I particully couldnt be fucked in going to the meet on sunday, im not sure but Willay certianly didnt look like he wanted to go, its all about making the effort

the idea of combined meets are its better talking to 15 people that you might not talk to that much in real life, the the same people, from the same region, that you speak to most days anyway

[Edited on 08-12-2006 by jr]
Robin
Premium Member

8th Dec 06 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road trip
Fro

8th Dec 06 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsatpot
luton, your having a laugh aint ya! if its gona be tht far there would be no point in me comin as its a weeks wages on oil and fuel getting there and back! lol

I can tow you from essex tpot
davey_jack

8th Dec 06 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to come as I have never been to a meet before, both LeeMitchell and HalfPint told me I should come along to one. It kind of makes sense to hold a meet in kent seeing as thats where most of our SE members are. Also travelling across london is always a nightmare, thats probably why no one can be arsed to go to luton.
Whats all this about places being friendly to modded car owners? Lol I park up in my modded corsa and walk into plent of pubs and dont have any problems! We are only meeting up not like we are using their car park as a race circuit!
jr

8th Dec 06 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'd be suprised Davey, thats why we allways try and get permission from the owners first
JM_16v

8th Dec 06 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah we have to ask, were a concederate car club

i just think we should try and find a focal point where we get as many people as possible. the Grasshopper and RR day had good turnouts so i think they were both gd turnouts where as luton only had 5 turnout
SAL
Premium Member

8th Dec 06 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep central and keep everyone happy invite the other regoins to us
JM_16v

8th Dec 06 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think they may be intrested in popping to southend and the sea a daytime meet
Chris C

8th Dec 06 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be there depending on if the corsa is ready (which it should be ) Luton is good for me too, also inviting the other regions like stavs said would be cool too
jr

8th Dec 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
yeah we have to ask, were a concederate car club

i just think we should try and find a focal point where we get as many people as possible. the Grasshopper and RR day had good turnouts so i think they were both gd turnouts where as luton only had 5 turnout

yes, the grasshopper was good, but we had mig there as well to push it along, there would not be the same turnout again, as people will get bored doing the same thing

the rr day was a massive sucess, but thats because it was a "destination event" and something going on there
SAL
Premium Member

8th Dec 06 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i expect alot of the monthly meets will be cancelled or date changed if for example trax is on or pvs ? so that takes a few dates out of our calender ? then if another rr day is held thats another sunday taken ? then we have our genuine south east meet so all us chumps can meet somewhere central ? then that leaves a meet with south central and a meet with east midlands ? so after adding all of those together its quite a corsasport year planned?

imo i think there should be a trak day with some other club maybe mig or corsa c?

another rr day with corsa c?

make a huge impression at that south easturn vauxhall rally !

a meet in southend in between the big shows?

consider a club stand at donny south because donny is to far to go

thats just my idea...now shout stavs shut your chav mouth
Fad

8th Dec 06 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally think Track Days and Rolling roads are a good idea but only if done infrequently and moderation as this does involve a lot of time and organising which quite frankly if regualr, people will have nothing to look forwards to.

Once a monthly meet Venue and structure is formed and people are willing to put the effort in then more events can be organised knowing there wont be any drop out and relliable attendences.

I think once a regular slot is found and people are happy with it people will get to know each other better and make an effort to see each other and by improving rapport this will have a knock on effecr on meet attendences as people will look forwards to seeing each other as gay as that sounds.

I feel for the people who come from the Dover end as it is one hell of a drive but in all fairness if you only have to do it once a month cant be such a bad thing?

The key to this problem is just having a vote on a set venue who has no problems with our presence. In my opinion I think we should use the Grasshopper in as its not far from the m25 for accessability and its used by other car clubs such as MIG which means if we clash it'll make it interesting and if for what ever reason we have a poor turnout nothing lost.
jr

8th Dec 06 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW stavs there WILL be a cs track day, and we wont need any other clubs to help/join in
jr

8th Dec 06 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=324821

draw your attention to this, got the EM and EA organisers up for this as well

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South East » Monthly Meet discussion thread - Sunday January 7th 2007 23 database queries in 0.0103831 seconds