corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa susension

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa susension
aidanjones88

User status: Offline
14th Dec 06 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey, im im not too good with suspensions so i thought i would msg here and get some of you guys opinions. well basicaly, i have a corsa B and have got 2 12" subs in the boot a long with a heavy box for them so theres allready a lot of weight as it is (looks like the back is lowered) and i can only get 1 to 2 people in the back before the arches start rubbing when i got over bumps.

What i want is a harder suspension so that the back can handle the weight so that i can get the full 3 people in the back without worrying, but i also dont want it lowered. most kits seem to lower the car.

What would i need to buy and where could i buy them in order to solve this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lee Wilson

14th Dec 06 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What wheels do you have?
aidanjones88

14th Dec 06 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well atm its just the normal steel wheels which come standard but i have 4 TSW alloys sitting outside my house waiting for me to put them on
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Dec 06 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car isn't lowered and you have standard wheels and its rubbing?

It should never ever rub on standard wheels, nevermind if you haven't lowered it at all. The weight in the boot shouldn't affect it that much. I had a similar set up many years ago and it only lowered the back a matter of mm. Certainly not enough to cause a problem where there wasn't already one.

[Edited on 14-12-2006 by Ian]
aidanjones88

14th Dec 06 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its completely fine when there is nobody in the back, and theres no noise when just driving on smooth ground with people in the back. its just when going over small bumps and pot holes and what not... it honestly sounds like the whole exhaust is gonna crash out lol.

any recommendations on what would sort the problem? new springs? new full kit? new dampers? and any idea where to buy whatever i need?
Gaz F

14th Dec 06 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe your exhaust is catching on the rear axle ?

Has the car been lowered by previous owners ?

Any pics ?
aidanjones88

14th Dec 06 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i said, the car hasent been lowered at all. i bought it completely stock as a project while i go through uni. by looking at it side on u can clearly see the difference from before putting the speakers in. the back is far down and the front is up quite a bit
Gaz F

14th Dec 06 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What have you used for the box ..... Heavy Metal ?!

I cant see it rubbing on standard wheels mate, sounds really weird :S ... Whats the box made out of and how big is it ? I have a full bootbuild in mine, with two 12 inch subs, amp, and its heavy !! My car is sitting on 15inch alloys, lowered 50mm all round and the bootbuild in the back and i have no bother at all.
aidanjones88

14th Dec 06 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol hold on. ill go upload a pic of the subs in the car and let u see how heavy they look lol
aidanjones88

14th Dec 06 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cars not much atm but i get my bursary in january so thats when im starting the proper work on it

[Edited on 14-12-2006 by aidanjones88]
AK

14th Dec 06 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it WILL be your exhaust vibrating on the rear axle. Adjust it to suit
aidanjones88

14th Dec 06 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how would i go about fixing the problem?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

14th Dec 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it to an exhaust place.

as for the suspension if you want a low ride height but not to scrub with people in the back go for a short spring with a high poundage (around 300lb)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa susension 22 database queries in 1.3305759 seconds