corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Frigging little dashboard/switch bulbs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Frigging little dashboard/switch bulbs
Jules

User status: Offline
   18th Dec 06 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a few bulbs out on the interior of my GSi (front and rear foglight switches and air direction selector dial) so thought I'd pop to Vauxhall to get some bulbs to replace them, but apparently I'd need new switch housings as the bulbs are built in and can't be replaced and I'd need a new central dial housing as there is one big prism that lights up all three dials - again you can't change the bulbs seperately.

Any truth in this?
How tricky are the switches and dials to get off to replace them?
Always the smallest things that cause the biggest problems.

[Edited on 18-12-2006 by Jules]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope you told them to piss off.

You need to take it all apart/ruin your hands and replace the bulbs. I thing there's a tutorial by Mist in Tutorials.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Shane

18th Dec 06 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are talking shite, all u need to do is

forced the centre heater vens down at the back left behind them there are 2 screws, undo them, pull the 2 outside heater nobs off the middle 1 might need a little screwdriver poking in the side if i remember, pull the little knob of the air circulation switch and pull the surround of that off and undo the screews, pull the whole centre bit out, round about the middle at the back there are another 2 screews, they are little bugger to get to, when thats done u will see what the bulbs are plugged into, u only need the bulbs be carful with then though and if i was you i would buy some spare as they are very fragile little bulbs and seem to go pop anytime u mess around with the centre bit

there is most prob something in the tutorial section but i hope this helped shed some light on it
Jules

18th Dec 06 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers ears, will head on over to the Tutorial section and have a butchers hook.
Chris_Sport

19th Dec 06 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the newer Corsa B's, the unit is all one. I replaced mine with one from an earlier model when the bulbs went on mine. You can change these.

-- Oops, thought you were on about the centre bit with fan / temp / air direction switches. --

[Edited on 19-12-2006 by Chris_Sport]
Jules

21st Dec 06 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is the bit I'm on about, mine is a 94 M reg (non Ecotec), gonna pull the dash apart tomorrow and give it a look.
Will be pissed if I have to buy a whole new section for the sake of a couple of pence worth of bulbs!
Shane

21st Dec 06 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was a 94 1.2 merit, so should be the same

New Poll