corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » please confirm this: (camber related)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author please confirm this: (camber related)
csweatherston

User status: Offline
   20th Dec 06 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this isnt a help thread its proving a point,...so please dont move MODS

on the rear of a corsa b its not independant rear suspension, there is a fixed bar, with separate springs and shocks...and i am trying to explain to someone how lowering the rear will not effect the camber.

and this is the resonse:

so how come on every corsa i have lowered and all my mates that have been lowered it gives more neg camber when dropped

it will create more neg when lowered more, just like the fron tbut not as much

i know fo r afact the rear will have more neg when lowered more, ive tried and tested it myself, ive had std springs, 30mm springs, 40mm springs 60mm springs , 60mm nova springs and the 80mm springs off the coilovers, and even tried no weight in the bakc and loads in the bakc u can clearly see the diffarence in camber between setups

no because i have tried and tested it myself and seen with my own eyes the diffarence running either std springs or 80mm lower

please put your input......as i am out of ideas how to explain it now
Nic Barnes

20th Dec 06 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm????????
Steve
Premium Member

20th Dec 06 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no the corsa rear is semi independant trailing arms, mcphereson strut setup so small neg camber will incur, on a torsion bar setup you will get no adjustment in camber
RobHayes

20th Dec 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
erm????????
Cupra Steve
Banned

20th Dec 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would draw a diagram but cannot be arsed!
csweatherston

20th Dec 06 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i am wrong
ckallis500

20th Dec 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, like i said, with my own eyes i could clearly see the diffarence in camber on the back when running diffarent height springs or having diffarent weight in the back of my car...
Jake

20th Dec 06 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

explain how the camber can change on a fixed beam? Maybe having the wheels closer to the arches highlighted the existing camber.
Cupra Steve
Banned

20th Dec 06 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these are quite possibly the worst diagrams by a long shot but you kinda get the picture, just to point out, i know there is know suspension in the diagrams, i have had a few beers and i've been up since 4am hence why they're shit but i tried as i am bored.
ok so fixed beam on standard suspension. no camber.

fixed beam lowered, no camber as you have moved the whole beam upwards, the diagrams really don't do my theory justice.

and just for a laugh, this is independant suspension, standard with no camber.

when lowered (bringing the wheels closer to the car you can see in my ott diagram which is shit as i am now bored of doing it that this creates camber.

hope this gets some laughs as i can't believe i am posting this shit. oh well.
csweatherston

20th Dec 06 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but a corsa has a single beam....does it not?
the only place it can pivot is on the bushes or stub axle.
CorsAsh

20th Dec 06 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
no the corsa rear is semi independant trailing arms, mcphereson strut setup so small neg camber will incur, on a torsion bar setup you will get no adjustment in camber

WTF are you on about, the only place you'll find Macpherson struts is on the front The rear is a pair of trailing arms linked by a rigid axle.
Robin
Premium Member

20th Dec 06 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The camber will NOT change.
ckallis500

21st Dec 06 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im not blind and i could clearly see the diffarence when changing my springs, or loading the back up with weight. try it yourselfs, jack the car up and take a spring out and drop it down, u should clearly see the diffarence. also if it didnt affect the camber at all then why are companys selling the camber kits (shims) for the rear to re-adjust the camber? explain that one
PaulW

21st Dec 06 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ckallis500
well im not blind and i could clearly see the diffarence when changing my springs, or loading the back up with weight. try it yourselfs, jack the car up and take a spring out and drop it down, u should clearly see the diffarence. also if it didnt affect the camber at all then why are companys selling the camber kits (shims) for the rear to re-adjust the camber? explain that one

used to fine-tune camber and adjust it for handling tweaks and such for track, been looking into this myself, as has adam_b so i am aware... also they just adjust the positioning and angle of the stub axle.

rear camber will not adjust if lowered, its a fixed beam with trailing arms as said by ash.

take it to a proper geometry alignment centre if you wish, test it and get proper readings with the different value springs, and I would bet MONEY on the camber not altering on the rear.
Jules

21st Dec 06 at 02:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
rear camber will not adjust if lowered, its a fixed beam with trailing arms as said by ash.

It can't move and nor should it move, if it has moved so much it's visible by eye then you have greater worries than wondering if it has or hasn't affected the camber!

Should be going to Specsavers imo.

[Edited on 21-12-2006 by Jules]
csweatherston

21st Dec 06 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so im not wrong?
Robin
Premium Member

21st Dec 06 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, you are correct.
csweatherston

21st Dec 06 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woooo

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » please confirm this: (camber related) 22 database queries in 0.0125389 seconds