corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Live Football Matches - FREE!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Live Football Matches - FREE!
K2 GTi

User status: Offline
21st Dec 06 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/

Gets updated every so often and doesn't cost anything.

If its a repost, fuck you, I don't browse 24/7, and I'm only trying to let everyone else know
Jamie Walby

21st Dec 06 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No no

fuck you.
Marc

21st Dec 06 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K2 GTi

21st Dec 06 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules

21st Dec 06 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bookmarked, will ch ch ch check it out now that Bravo has stopped screening Serie A matches
I wish Sky would buy the Serie A rights
Marc

21st Dec 06 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have Setanta go it now?
Neil

21st Dec 06 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use that site. It's usually pretty good, though some of the streams you can't even make out who's on which team nevermind where the ball is. lol.
Jules

21st Dec 06 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Have Setanta go it now?

Yeah all of it I think, Sentanta is expensive
Marc

21st Dec 06 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£15 p/month for 9 channels.
Cavey

21st Dec 06 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When did Bravo stop showing Serie A matches?

They had Lazio v Inter on last night

www.sopcast.com (i think) is what i use to watch the prem games.
Jules

21st Dec 06 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This weekends will be the last one they will be showing, was a article about it on the Guardian website:

"Arrivederci, James, and thanks for the memories
As Bravo prepares to pull the plug on Football Italia, let's celebrate 14 years of James Richardson's unique coverage of Serie A.

Sean Ingle
December 20, 2006 12:30 AM
On Saturday afternoon, after Internazionale's Serie A match against Atalanta has been untangled and dissected, James Richardson will face Bravo's TV cameras, smile, and utter one final arrivederci. Then, with a flick of an editor's switch, 14 years of Football Italia will come to an end.

Few will witness its last rites - these days it struggles to pull in 20,000 viewers - but a great many will mourn its passing, and the absence of Richardson from our screens. Anyone who resists football's twin turkey twizzlers, cliché and monosyllable, as he does, should be commended; anyone who can make David Platt and Paul Elliott sound interesting (surely the TV presenter's equivalent of the philosopher's stone) deserves a knighthood. Instead Richardson - who by rights should be a well-cultivated moustache away from being the next Des Lynam - is twiddling his thumbs and wondering what might have been.

It was all so different in 1992 when three million tuned in for Channel 4's first Serie A match, a this-way-and-that 3-3 between Sampdoria and Lazio. In those early years viewing figures were buoyant, helped by Paul Gascoigne, Des Walker, Platt and Paul Ince chasing the lira, as well as the lack of competition from domestic TV. With Sky having poached the rights to England's top flight, Channel 4 was up against ITV's piecemeal coverage of the old Second Division. Serie A offered San Siro glamour; ITV had Grimsby.

Channel 4 had another trick up its sleeve: Gazzetta Football Italia, a show that proved that intelligence and irrelevance were not magnetic opposites. When Richardson was not translating newspapers between slurps of his morning cappuccino on the Piazza Rotunda, or dismantling a five-storey ice-cream on the Piazza Navano - iconic images of Rome to rival Fellini - he was interviewing Roberto Baggio or Marcello Lippi, or persuading Platt to dress up as the Terminator. Once, famously, he got Attilio Lombardo to do the lambada.

"Almost every player has treated me graciously," says Richardson. "I guess being English helped. Whenever there was a delay in getting an interview I would tell them that I had to catch a flight back to London; that always did the trick. Only Didier Deschamps and Alen Boksic asked for money; everyone else was very generous with their time."

But while the 1990s was a golden age for Italian football, with the seven sisters - Juventus, Milan, Inter, Lazio, Roma, Parma and Fiorentina - all having resources to challenge for the scudetto, it did not last. "Many of these teams were built on borrowed money and had fanciful expectations about future incomes," says Richardson. "And when the TV bubble burst, the whole thing collapsed."

And so did British viewing figures. Since Channel 4 gave up in 2002- having shabbily halted transmission of Roma's last-day scudetto win with 10 minutes of the game still remaining - the rights have gone from British Eurosport to Bravo, like a footballer tumbling down the divisions at the end of his career.

Now with Juventus in Serie B, Milan scratching around in the bottom half of Serie A and the calciopoli scandal still hanging queasily in the air, Bravo has decided to pull out. They are unlikely to be back: probably only the sight of David Beckham in a Milan shirt in January would make them change their minds. It all boils down to cold, hard economics: Bravo staples like Das Crazy Sex Show cost less to make and attract higher audiences. But sources close to the show continue to lament the lack of marketing and publicity. When Bravo's website carries no mention of Saturday's game, you cannot help thinking they are right.

As it happens, the decision comes just as the foundations have been laid for a more competitive Serie A. "Calciopoli seems to confirm all the bad things about Italian football," says Richardson. "But it was an influence-peddling scandal, not a match-fixing one and - for a change - Italy didn't sweep it under the carpet. In the long term it will help level the playing field, as will the next TV rights deal in 2007. Before, Juve, Milan and Inter divvied up most of the pot but this one will be collective agreement."

And what of Richardson? "I will certainly be watching Setanta, rooting for Roma," he admits, "as well as presenting Guardian Unlimited's Football Weekly podcast. But it would be sad not to work on Italian football again." For 14 years Richardson and Italian football have been locked together in a joyous tarantella. One day, it must be hoped, they will dance again.
"

[Edited on 21-12-2006 by Jules]
Hammer

21st Dec 06 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Have Setanta go it now?

Yeah all of it I think, Sentanta is expensive

not when you get the codes off the net for free

ill find out the site from my wee brother 2mrw and post it up for you!
RyanSxi

22nd Dec 06 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do these stream things actually play games live? I started watching the barcelona game last night but it seemed to be about 45 minutes behind. is this normal?
Neil

22nd Dec 06 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its usually live or a few minutes behind at most.
Dan
Premium Member

22nd Dec 06 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.footsat.net is normally really good 2

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
RyanSxi

22nd Dec 06 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will have to sample all of these 2morow.

do they show teh 3 oclock kick off's? wanna watch the man u game
abdus

23rd Dec 06 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've downloaded the sopcast stuff and installed, but each time it shows:

'you have not installed the sopcast web player'

Swiftay

23rd Dec 06 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watching the man u game
abdus

23rd Dec 06 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine won't play...
Marc

23rd Dec 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I watched Man U, watching Chelski v wigan now
abdus

23rd Dec 06 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie

11th Aug 07 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still works

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Live Football Matches - FREE! 24 database queries in 0.0180051 seconds