corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » INXX Bonnet lifters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author INXX Bonnet lifters
Dom

User status: Offline
   26th Dec 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a pair before summer and they've already blown the seals (ie: don't hold what so ever) which seems a bit naff for about 5 months use (bonnets only been open about 12times!!).

Just wondering if there are alternatives to inxx bonnet lifters as they seem to be completly shite , and if so where to get hold of some?

cheers guys
eel

26th Dec 06 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebay
eel

26th Dec 06 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot car
pdwhelan

26th Dec 06 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh ebay is were i got mine from and they seem fine, only £20
eel

26th Dec 06 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RaidHP-Corsa-B-Bonnet-Lifters-SRI-GSI-SXI-16V_W0QQitemZ220062706320QQihZ012QQcategoryZ52637QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220062706320
Nic Barnes

26th Dec 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Bought a pair before summer and they've already blown the seals (ie: don't hold what so ever) which seems a bit naff for about 5 months use (bonnets only been open about 12times!!).

Just wondering if there are alternatives to inxx bonnet lifters as they seem to be completly shite , and if so where to get hold of some?

cheers guys

mine lasted 10 months. one still works fine other is shite. also look a bit rusty now
jamied

26th Dec 06 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine only lasted few months, and the 2nd lot one has broke already
Dom

27th Dec 06 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, i got them originally from ebay...some dodgy german company
I noticed that they started to rust too muppet, but a bit of vasaleen(sp?) seemed to have sorted that.

Still though, just suprised that they only last a few months

I've heard that people have modded boot lifters to use on the bonnets, anyone got any info on that?

anyone know of other brands besides inxx and raidHP (never heard of them what so ever)?

cheers though

p.s - cheers for the link eel, spotted them on ebay before, but bit curious how good they are if inxx seem to be a load of crap
Nic Barnes

27th Dec 06 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

raidHP make good products normally. their air filters are grand things

i have been upset with my bonnet lifters, but theyre so much easier than having the usual stand thing in the way. will replace them in time for show season (because i obviously go to all the shows.......)
Dom

27th Dec 06 at 02:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
raidHP make good products normally. their air filters are grand things

i have been upset with my bonnet lifters, but theyre so much easier than having the usual stand thing in the way. will replace them in time for show season (because i obviously go to all the shows.......)

i take it you're not planning to a tend any of the shows this year? lol

i'll have a gander at these raidhp's and see whats what, but like you say they make life a lot easier under the bonnet - though mine never went up fully unlike using the bonnet stay

Nic Barnes

27th Dec 06 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bonnet lifters are bonnet lifters really. those will probably die and rust the same

back when i were a boy and had a nova, used to use metrol boot lifter things for the bonnet. that was the £2 ghetto mod then. black so didnt rust

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » INXX Bonnet lifters 22 database queries in 0.0079422 seconds