corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20LET With no CAT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET With no CAT
jamesw

User status: Offline
9th Jan 07 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And need an MOT when car is finally going bk on the road, do emisions go off year of the car, or the engine, even then im not 100% sure if the engine needed one or not. Suppose if so my only option would be a sports cat
ed

9th Jan 07 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go off the year of the engine apparent;y. But as your car has a C20LET in it you will probably not get away with that one...
Planty02

9th Jan 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine has to be 1992 or older i believe
C4RL0

9th Jan 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My LET engine is a K-reg, does that need a cat?
ed

9th Jan 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Figure it out. It's a 1993 plate.
johnhara1

9th Jan 07 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamesw
And need an MOT when car is finally going bk on the road, do emisions go off year of the car, or the engine, even then im not 100% sure if the engine needed one or not. Suppose if so my only option would be a sports cat

try and find a nice MOT tester that will stick the emissions test device up a different car exhaust for you.

jamesw

9th Jan 07 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will need to be a car that creates similar emisions that the c20let will with a cat though wont it so it falls between the right values for that engine?
mark106mark

9th Jan 07 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just tell them to hook the emissions test to another car...thats what i do for my c20let corsa MOT lol
Ben ev

9th Jan 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had to weld up a cat for mine. tried the old engine is pre cat trick but no one was havin any of it. tried leaning it right up but still was miles over on every test
timmee

9th Jan 07 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the car fails the basic emission test which it will with no cat unless you are very lucky you then have to do a vehicle specfic test and you have to match make ,model and engine code if you can,t match these 3 things which you can't as they never fitted a c20let into a corsa then depending on year of the car they have to do a non cat test but only if the car is made before aug 01st 1995 if made after that date it has to meet the basic cat emissions so as long as your corsa is older than 1995 no cat needed (used this loophole many times to get friends car though the mot as i am a tester)

New Poll