corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lowering the Corsa GSI

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lowering the Corsa GSI
Tom_GSi_Red

User status: Offline
   13th Jan 07 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a corsa GSI and am considering lowering it.Iv heard that they tend 2 crack the paint on the stress points when lowered.How would i go about doing the job without this problem happening as the car is an original example with only 67000 genuine miles on the clock.Any advice will be more than welcome
BarnshaW

13th Jan 07 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has 66616 lol im waiting for 66666
Tom_GSi_Red

13th Jan 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tidy.Wen i had it it only had 50000 but i had to use it in work cz i smashed the van up and using my car woz the punishment i had.

[Edited on 13-01-2007 by Tom_GSi_Red]
N90ATH

13th Jan 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the b pillars are the only palces that crack to my knwledge and this will happen over time anyway, lowering will speed up the cracking but can be repaired easily
Tom_GSi_Red

13th Jan 07 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the car is 12 years old this year and is imaculate no rust or dints or scratches or nethin.Must be seen.Its mint no b***shit
N90ATH

13th Jan 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye there are many cora gsi out there taht are mint. lowering the car will make it looik alot better, depending on wot kit and how low may help handling. this may cause a crack to start but get it repaired, and if its done propberly it wont need it ever again in theroy
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 07 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesnt happen to every single car. Depends how its driven and exactly how hard the suspension is. I wouldn't let it put you off. It they go, fix them.
Tom_GSi_Red

13th Jan 07 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wot sort of suspension setup would u go for?I dont want 1 that is rock hard and also i want a full kit with good handling.Iv aslo heard that they make the tyre wear alot more on the inside.Is there ne way this can be sorted out?
Tom_GSi_Red

13th Jan 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also im not to keen on it being slammed rite to the floor.Just suttle lowering realy to make it look alot better

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lowering the Corsa GSI 22 database queries in 0.0096219 seconds