corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed cams on bridges.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speed cams on bridges.
damandblast

User status: Offline
15th Jan 07 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick question.

The police 4x4's that tend to sit on the bridges on the M1. Anyone no if they can judge your speed while your driving towards them, if so any ideas on distance?

Was about 1am last night driving back home from derby saw one on the bridge and hit my brakes around 200ft give/take from the bridge went under at 65mph. But before hand i was above

I was on the inside lane right undet the copper, just wondering if they can read your speed while incoming or if it's while you go past.

Tar very much.

[Edited on 15-01-2007 by damandblast]
K2 GTi

15th Jan 07 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one point at me when I was going past Bristol. Was on the bridge with a gun pointing at me, was doing quite a speed too.. Seen it flash, then flash again, but never heard anything from it.
damandblast

15th Jan 07 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hrm, never saw anything flash, couldn't tell if there was a gun just saw the land rover and the yellow relfection strips and slowed down asap.
Mark1984_SRI

15th Jan 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Similar thing happened to me a while back and i never heard anything and that was well before christmas so you could be okay if my experience is anything to go by. With regards to your question, i don't know if they can accurately judge your speed as you're travelling towards them, i don't know
damandblast

15th Jan 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hrm, alot of people are saying they can't alot are saying they can! confusing indeed.
K2 GTi

15th Jan 07 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI
Similar thing happened to me a while back and i never heard anything and that was well before christmas so you could be okay if my experience is anything to go by. With regards to your question, i don't know if they can accurately judge your speed as you're travelling towards them, i don't know

Did they point a gun at you too? It like flashed, then went off completely, then back on again.

I thought I got caught was shitting it
damandblast

15th Jan 07 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the land rover for me had no doors open. Bet they where just on a coffee rest laughing at everyone slowing down.
deano87

15th Jan 07 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can normally judge your speed I think but it isn't hooked up to the DVLA computer - I think they can choose to chase if they want etc.

I know they have number plate ones on the bridge.

Weirdest bridge cams are on the M25 near Heathrow - got speed camera signs, speed lines after the bridge/display thing but there never seems to be cameras the other side.
Mark1984_SRI

15th Jan 07 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI

Did they point a gun at you too? It like flashed, then went off completely, then back on again.

I thought I got caught was shitting it

No, there were three tripods set up on the bridge monitoring the 3 lanes of the m6. Sat on the bridge, with the truck there too and two officers, monitoring the cameras, i presume they were mobile average speed cameras or something
baza31

15th Jan 07 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they never flash in front of you. if they do the camera has got the person the other way i.e from behind.

half of time they just sit there waiting for a call
K2 GTi

16th Jan 07 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
they never flash in front of you. if they do the camera has got the person the other way i.e from behind.

half of time they just sit there waiting for a call

No it was pointed at me?
Corsa Sport Gav

16th Jan 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont they use the white sqaures that are painted on the road? they get your speed from you by timing from one sqaure to the next one a few 100 yrds away?
CorsAsh

16th Jan 07 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sure it was a copper and not one of those HATO tossers?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed cams on bridges. 22 database queries in 0.0119162 seconds