corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Chasing the dream

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chasing the dream
Mark1984_SRI

User status: Offline
6th Feb 07 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since i was younger i've always fancied a polo G40, mk2 Golf GTI or mk1 GTI. I live with my girlfriend and as most of you know i've got the Cupra. Well the missus has an R reg 1.25 fiesta zetec 5dr with 50,000 miles. She's had it 4 years and is sick of it. I've asked her if she would consider selling on the condition that she could use the Cupra (most of the time). Now with the money from the sale of the fiesta i would be in the position to pick up a Golf for around 800 with some extra money if need be. That way i could drive the Golf and have the cupra as a kind of joint driver between the two of us. I'm tempted to chase the dream of doing up one of the above cars, thing is i just wondered what kind of experience you guys have had from possibly restoring old cars/having two cars (costs etc.) i.e. i don't want to be throwing silly money at an old car if it's going to break all the time. I just wondered what advice you'd give, as the Golf or polo wouldn't be sat around getting restored, it would be a daily driver too. Any advice would be appreciated, you think i should go for it? Sorry for the essay

[Edited on 06-02-2007 by Mark1984_SRI]
davey_jack

6th Feb 07 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I restored my 1995 corsa SRi and it has cost me the best part of £6000 so far and im still not 100% happy with it, still buying more bits and pieces for it and its still got things that need doing. Its a bottomless pit to be honest mate!
deano87

6th Feb 07 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd probably get more than £800 for her Fiesta too! Especially with such low miles, providing it has a decent service history!

Go for it, if it's your dream - doesn't have to be done within 1 day does it? Take your time etc...
12vMatt

6th Feb 07 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mk1 golf gti would be do it
as deano87 said take your time with it, that should mean that it shouldnt affect your bank balance too much (in one go anyway)
Colin

6th Feb 07 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I too have always wanted a Mk2 golf.

From an early age it was always a car I admired & longed t own. Then upon passing my test insurance was too much then I went to other cars & forgot about the golf. Until I found one for sale on a local VW website. Non-runner, in otherwise immaculate condition. Im currently doing it up & hope to have it on the road soon in time for summer.

Im doing it on the cheap & have a full doner car I aquired for £50, ive made a fair bit selling parts from it aswell.

<------- There she's in my avatar & post HERE on my progress

[Edited on 06-02-2007 by Colin]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Chasing the dream 22 database queries in 0.6659191 seconds