corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Painting With a spraygun

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Painting With a spraygun
Craig A

User status: Offline
   19th Feb 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi lads. im gunna be doing alot of spraying and i have got myself a compressor and a good spray gun and i wanna start painting with it but i aint got a clue on what to do. i.e what paint to get what primer to get stuff like that ,can anyone guide me in the right direction cheers lads.
topshot_2k
Banned

19th Feb 07 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are you painting for a start? also preperation is the key, lots sanding etc take your time, dont rush coats etc and all will be well
Craig A

19th Feb 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

umm anything from arches to bumper umm spoilers and colour coding. im planning on practising and if im good enuff do it on the side for a cuple of mates to make a bit of money
Corsa Phil 666

19th Feb 07 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painting is a pure art form. I'm very good mates with a chap who owns a bodyshop. I have all my stuff done by him. Watching him paint is amazing. He specializes in metalflakes and marbles.

The only way to learn is by doing it. I think Haynes do a painting manual so it may be worth getting that. There's all sorts of things like how much thinners to mix with the paint to get it to come out properly. What size tip on your gun. What pressure and airflow etc.etc.etc. I'd like to learn but there's no point when i can get a pro to do it. See if you can pick up a manual to teach you. There's alot more too it than meets the eye!
Craig A

19th Feb 07 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers 4 that mate its something i have always wanted to do soo i thought i mite aswell give it a go.
CoastalCorsa

19th Feb 07 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are dvds on ebay which help you, i just purchased one and the information on it was quite good
Craig A

19th Feb 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who did u purchase that of mate.

New Poll