corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Thoughts/Help with Spax front suspension and De-Carbon rear's....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thoughts/Help with Spax front suspension and De-Carbon rear's....
pdwhelan

User status: Offline
27th Feb 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im getting some 2nd hand but like new.. £100. They are 40mm drop (i think) shocks/dampers just incase people just think im buying springs lol

I dont know alot about this kind of stuff and im just wondering what all your throughs are on these. They are for the GSI but im considering putting them on my 1.4 Sport for the time being untill the GSI is on the road.

The thing is, the Sport rubs when i go over speed bumps or around a corner when i have a full load.. if i feel the wheel under the arch when everone except me is in the car its litteraly RIGHT under the arch so if im lowering it would probably just touch. The wheels are 16" BK racing alloys 604's, im aware they are not et49 but they are not far out, et46 or somthing like that. I know it would be OK if i didnt have a full load but i am a nice person and i always offer lifts for the lads/girls at work and some of them are not small!!

Also i have spacers fitted, its what came with the wheels when i bought them ages ago and presumed i needed them, would it be safe to take them off? i dont know the size of the spacers though so maybe i i got some thinner ones it would be ok?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Paul
andyc1234

27th Feb 07 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldnt need spacers on really are they coilovers on the front of just uprated shocks. if there coilovers u mite need them on the front. taking spacers of the back should stop it scrubbing
pdwhelan

27th Feb 07 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are uprated shocks.. i'm going to take the spacers off then. I might not even bother putting the shocks on the Sport because it just means loads of messing around taking them off again and fitting them on the gsi also putting the standards back on the sport. thanks for the reply mate

New Poll