corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speeding Ban Laws?!?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speeding Ban Laws?!?
happydudeuk

User status: Offline
28th Feb 07 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so i have had my licence since june 2005, and as you shopuld all know that if you get 6 points in your first 2 years then you get banned, but how long for?!? i was ust wonderin koz the filth clocked me doin 40mph this mornin in a 30 zone. but i was goin with the rest of the traffic and they stopped me! i already have 3 points for a gay camera in wrexham so whats gunna happen? how longs the ban and do i need to re-take my test?

cheers!
andyc1234

28th Feb 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt look good if ur lucky you can try blagging it in court that you need your car for work. get a letter off ur boss. u might just get disqualified for a month either way ur gonna have no car just might be lucky and not have to do ur test again
happydudeuk

28th Feb 07 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na my boss is a twat he wont lie! i think im just gunna have to take the ban if i get one, and re-take my test! im gunna have to get a lesson first be4 my test koz there is NO way i would pass, 2 many bad habbits!
flash22

28th Feb 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 points with in the first 2 years is an instant RETEST you also have to redo your theory

if you was near double the speed limit your prob get a fine aswell
[Edited on 28-02-2007 by flash22]

happydudeuk

28th Feb 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good so is there a ban involved as well or just to re-take my test?
andyc1234

28th Feb 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about if the fine comes thru after june then it would be over 2 yrs or does it go off when the offence was commited
flash22

28th Feb 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

40 in a 30 is normaly a £60-80 fine and 3 points
flash22

28th Feb 07 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thay norm do it from the date of the offence

andyc1234

28th Feb 07 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like ur doing ur test again then. at least it gives you time to do some work to the car
flash22

28th Feb 07 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to sure but i think you have to re-apply for you provisional licence again too so more money
andyc1234

28th Feb 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no money for mods then
happydudeuk

28th Feb 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats bull shit the provisional is fuckin expensive, the fuckin theory is expensive and the test itself is expensive!!! i cba with it lol, but it was a radar gun tho and i have a 7 day producer. he said that they will send my licence off to swansea and they will deal with it but even he wasnt sure if i would get banned. he said summit along the lines of "if they dont give you the points or ban, then you will have to see what happenes in court" but i wouldnt of thought i needed to go to court?
flash22

28th Feb 07 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

copied from the dvlas website.....

You must remember you are "on probation" for the first two years. If you clock up six or more penalty points during that time you will lose your licence and go back to being a learner. You will have to reapply for a provisional licence and take both the theory and the practical driving test all over again.

from the dsa site...................

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Category.asp?cat=97

happydudeuk

28th Feb 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does that count from the year you got your licence or the acctually date? koz if its the daye then i was out by 4 months but if its the year (which im seriously doubting it is) then i sould be fine?
Ben G

28th Feb 07 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DONT SPEED and you'll be fine...

better then, don't speed and get caught and you'll be fine

take it like a man, accept you will lose your license and have to reapply for a provisional, take the theory and practical tests again and then drive carefully and aware for 2 more years

and don't speed in 30 zones, usually they are built up areas with lots of pedestrians, wouldn't want to kill someone would you
happydudeuk

28th Feb 07 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i wouldnt want to kill someone but what really fucked me off is that the rest of the traffic were doin the same but i got ringed out of the crowd! acctually there was another turkish lookin guy there in a mint celica so i think maybe it might of just been me koz i was in a modified car......or perhaps koz i was speedin maybe?!? ah well i think i will be a man an retake it....so thats what £38 for the provisional £18 fir a lesson on how to pass my test agen £40ish for the theory and £40 for the test....hmmm!
ainsley_brader

28th Feb 07 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
doesnt look good if ur lucky you can try blagging it in court that you need your car for work. get a letter off ur boss. u might just get disqualified for a month either way ur gonna have no car just might be lucky and not have to do ur test again

You can't do that in this situation because its a licence revoke and not a ban so you can't appeal on any grounds.

As stated as soon as you lose our licence, apply for a provisional, then do your theory, then take your test, all costs money and takes time.

I have been there and done it think i was about 2 months without a licence!
Robin
Premium Member

28th Feb 07 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're still in your 2 years if you passed in June 2005, so 6 points definitely will get your license revoked and you'll need a retest.
mattk

28th Feb 07 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it go on your insurance as a ban, although you efectivly havent been banned on your new license??
Robin
Premium Member

28th Feb 07 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.
ainsley_brader

1st Mar 07 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NO
mattk

1st Mar 07 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

soooooo, does it, or not
lozacorsa

1st Mar 07 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite, I had exactly the same problem... But i was very lucky! I lent my car to a mate and he got caught by a camera but then he fucked off and i aint seen him since so that was the first time as i had to take the points! But the second time i was pulled over for speeding.. I was really polite etc to the filth and they said i would get the fixed penatly notice thro the post.. Anyway when it came thro it stated i could do a course instead of taking the Points! However, at the same time my mate got pulled over too but he didnt get the oppotunity to go on the course so it was points or nothing so he appealed and went to court! The court found him guilty and gave him 4 points instead of the 3 and a £360 fine! LOL So it was a waste of time completetly and ended up paying 5 times more for the fine! So its up to you, but you maybe be lucky like me!

Good luck

[Edited on 01-03-2007 by lozacorsa]
Robin
Premium Member

1st Mar 07 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
NO

Yes it does, you have to declare all bans, endorsements and accidents, so your insurer will know...
happydudeuk

1st Mar 07 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so all in all its a retake and it goes down on my insurance as a ban! cheers for this guys anyway! went down the police station before and handed in my licence an all that and the policeman's word exactally were "this slip of paper is your licence until you get this one back" which gave me hope then realised i wasnt gettin it back lol! so does any1 know roughly how much its all gunna cost for the provisional, theory and test? no doubt im gunna have to take a lesson or two to get me back to bein a basic driver!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll