corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » abs/powersteering issues with c20let

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author abs/powersteering issues with c20let
Ben ev

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 07 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when putting a c20let and f28 into a gsi is it possible to retain the abs? not sure where the sensors are but will be changing hubs and driveshafts. can i adapt them to take the sensors or do i need to bin them. also same with the power steering. i guess i can still have it? would i be able to use the pump for the c16xe on a c20let and use everything else, tank rack etc or do i need to bin that aswell? box is a f28 (will the rack clear it)

[Edited on 03-03-2007 by Ben ev]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Mar 07 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bin the lot. much easier and less to go wrong.
Ben ev

3rd Mar 07 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
just bin the lot. much easier and less to go wrong.

well this is the thing dave but after driving my old one for 4 years things like p/steering are a joy to have. was abit worried about the torque steer tho. guess it would make it worse. ps def got another gsi now. picking up monday so thanks for the offer on the shell. is it difficult to remove all the abs computer etc? i guess its just a remove and forget situation? would the columm have to be swaped aswell as the rack for the ps?
Dave A

3rd Mar 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to remove the abs just take off the sensors on the hubs, remove the pump unit and swop the brake lines over for non ABS ones.

I used a 1.2 16v rack from an EPAS system, using my original column (was originally a hydraulic pas system) and effectively makes a quickrack.

with the abs I suppose if you get outer CV's with the abs rings on you could make it work.
Ben ev

3rd Mar 07 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cv's came from astra gte 16v which had abs. would these have the rings then i assume? will have a look whatswhat when i drop the engines from ech car and make a decision at the time. didnt no about using a 1.216v rack, thats good infomation. other car was origanally a 1.28v but will be using that rack if i bin the gsi's pas. how are the sensors fixed to the hubs? sorry havnt pickd the gsi up yet so cant have a good look about
Dave A

3rd Mar 07 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have sensor carriers bolted onto the hub.
Ben ev

3rd Mar 07 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully be able to machine the m-tech ones to take the cariers. ile post up what happens in the projects forum, cheers for the help dave. might get back to u if i get any problems
X 60RSA

3rd Mar 07 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose this is the advantage of converting a corsa with EPS into a let, not sure about the wiring side though.
Ben ev

9th Mar 07 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right at the time to make decisions with the rack and column. after removing piping etc is it ok just to leave the standad rack and coloumn with out the hoses etc or do i need to blank everythin off? mgt have a look on ebay for the 1.2 rack you mentioned dave. is there a noticible difference and whats involed with the swap? ta
Dave A

9th Mar 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a rack off a 1.2 16v mate, its a lot better and easier.

New Poll