corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine electronics query

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine electronics query
Olias of Sunhillow

User status: Offline
13th Mar 07 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a W-Reg Corsa, 16v, 1.2 engine. Last year the engine electronics light started coming on intermittently, though there were no obvious symptoms or lack of performance. It persisted and I took it to my usual garage who ran a diagnostics test on it. The fault was apparently the lambda sensor and so I had this replaced. This seemed to cure the problem for a while but then the light started coming back on again. The car recently went in for an MOT and a service, but since then the light has started coming on more frequently and there is definitely a change in the car's performance. Sometimes when you try accelerating, particulary up to 60 and 70 mph, you can feel the car 'pulling'. I took it back to the garage and they said they can't work out why it's doing it. A friend of mine suggested I get the ECU software changed, but at a car phone place rather than a garage. I really don't know what to do and want to make sure I know what the problem is before I start spending out more money, only to find it doesn't sort it out.

Can anybody offer any advice?
Warren G

13th Mar 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o2 sensor faults codes can be air flow meter faults, they are very common on those engines and the 1.0 12v

and it does sound like a possible mass air meter fault, the garage proberly said they couldn't find a fault becasue it would of had the same code! which would of confused them, and there would of been a code if the light has kept coming on

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=322369

Olias of Sunhillow

13th Mar 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info. Will definitely have this checked.
Warren G

13th Mar 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or just give me £32 and il send you a mass air flow meter to you to solve your problem rather than paying £50+ for diagnostics and then £100 for the part

New Poll