corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Absolutely Fuming :mad:

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Absolutely Fuming :mad:
Tiesto

User status: Offline
14th Mar 07 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically im moving out and my parents are selling up to downgrade and with some of the proceeds will be going to put a deposit on a flat for me and my brother.

House was originally under offer back in October and about 3 weeks before contracts where signed our buyer pulled out with money problems - we thought ok things like this happen.

We put it back on the market and it recieved an offer after 4 months of advertising, now we were due to exchange contracts on the 23rd March but we have recieved a phone call from the buyers saying that someone where down the chain someone has forgot to get some forms done (50% share sale i think) so now we have to put back the move in date by 2 weeks while they get this form sorted we've already booked the days off, hiring truck etc

They've had 2 months to get everything sorted, now a week before exchange they don't have all the information.

Can't believe how hard it is to sell a house int he country and actually exchange contracts

Will post pics up of the flat when i evetually move in.
Jay

14th Mar 07 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You think thats bad? We got strung along for 8 months! and the cheeky cunt wants his deposit back!
Aaron

14th Mar 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i agree, thats nothing

Took me 3 months to move into a flat with no chains involved lol
p4uls corsa

14th Mar 07 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeah it took us over 3 months to complete on a house with no chain and nobody living in the property.
Rob_Quads

15th Mar 07 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

House chains are the worst thing around. So much depends on them and the way they work is just a joke.

The whole system needs to be redesigned so its much more clinical and easier to sort i.e. when you buy a house you move within a month normally.
Tiesto

15th Mar 07 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh well found out today that theres 9 people in the chain lol

At least back in South Africa if someone pulled out they had to compensate the people down the chain if they've used money on survey etc. Tbh should bring that in this country as lost nearly 1k on the first collapse.
p4uls corsa

17th Mar 07 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiesto
Oh well found out today that theres 9 people in the chain lol

At least back in South Africa if someone pulled out they had to compensate the people down the chain if they've used money on survey etc. Tbh should bring that in this country as lost nearly 1k on the first collapse.

From 1 June 2007 all home owners in England and Wales will need to arrange for a Home Information Pack to be prepared before putting their homes up for sale. The Packs will contain an Energy Performance Certificate, searches and legal documents, which will be mandatory. A Home Condition Report can also be included by sellers on a voluntary basis.

http://www.homeinformationpacks.gov.uk/home.aspx

[Edited on 17-03-2007 by p4uls corsa]
Mad Moe

19th Mar 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p4uls corsa
lol yeah it took us over 3 months to complete on a house with no chain and nobody living in the property.

You should have sacked you solicitor if it took that long, I completed on my apartment in 6 weeks
shawboy

19th Mar 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happened to us when we moves, was homeless for 2 weeks.
half of our things had to go in my dads garage and the other in my GF mums house, which is where we moved into too.
its great living with the inlaws, NOT.

New Poll