corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine temperature Help wanted

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine temperature Help wanted
bstrok

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 1.2L 8valve corsa and I want to know when does the fan really starts cause I never heard it running and the car always reach 100 Deg when waiting in traffic. The fun is ok cause I test it shorting the wired going in the thermostat.
Thanks
bstrok

2nd Apr 07 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok found out for who ever might need this information...on petrol versions the fan switches on exactly on 100 and it put the temperature down but 1 or 2 lines depending on the temperature on that day...
matbow

7th Apr 07 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem i was sat at mac donalds as you do my engine was running 4 20mins then i noticed that there was steam cumin from under my bonnet i liffted the bonnet and filled the car park with steam!!! my fan used to kick in alot but i think the switch has gone.
bstrok

7th Apr 07 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was told that there are many versions of switches according to their colour code the temperature is set to open the fan.
bstrok

7th Apr 07 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BDW mine is a black one with 2 wires. Therefore a black one opens at 100 degrees.
matbow

7th Apr 07 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers will have alook and see wot i find.
valverguy

19th Apr 07 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just wire it so that my fan is always on. its not a problem and cools down the engine alot better.
Richie

23rd Apr 07 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It all depends on the switch. My old 1.2 16v switch kicked in at 96 degrees

New Poll