corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Civic Type R..........

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Civic Type R..........
Stu

User status: Offline
   4th Apr 07 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had to nip to the centre of Manchester and cos there was no other cars to use, I borrowed my mates new Civic Type R. Well impressed y'know! Interior is nice, its well built, I think it looks good and its pretty nippy too!!!

Oh and its the first one Ive seen in the flesh so far too, only had it 2 days, apparently its a GT model he said? Got some extra bits on it? Altho he may be talkin pony there?

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Apr 07 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cupra Steve
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't like it. disappointing looks, my mates dc2 is quicker.
corb

4th Apr 07 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

extra bits means air con, front fogs etc.!!! stuff they really should have as standard!
Stu

4th Apr 07 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay

Haha, thats why I put the can or worms at the bottom!!!!
Colin

4th Apr 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite like them
Nismo

4th Apr 07 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve

thast cus its light ffs, when the dc2 was made regulations then were not as they are now and they didnt come with half the things that does
Stu

4th Apr 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I think it looks quite good, better than the old one and the interior is really modern! Fair enough it isnt fast but its a day to day car really!

Hoddo

4th Apr 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one round the corner from me in black, the rear looks like robocop or some shit lol!
Jules

4th Apr 07 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honda seem to be obsessed with triangles on that - count how many there are?!
Ugly imo
dazavich

4th Apr 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My flatmate has the GT version, about 2k more and gives you 19" wheels and a few other bits and bobs.

Absolutely lovely inside, so much more for your money compared to the old one, loads of gadgets. Performance isn't really any different from the old one but still pretty quick.

I wasn't keen on them at first but seeing his in the flesh has changed my mind
Marc

4th Apr 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good. Shame they aren't doing the 2.4, or are they??
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

4th Apr 07 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm sure its a very impressive car but it'll have to do alot to be as good as the old one, the handling on CTR's has always been amazing. The looks however i'm not sure about. I think that it already looks dated.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Stu

4th Apr 07 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, I was driving from Salford to the centre of Manchester in my mates 2 day old pride and joy so to be honest can comment on its speed or handling!

I just thought it was a smart looking well built hatch, Id def have one as a day to day car!

Cupra Steve
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not saying it's not good, i just think honda are letting themselves down, Type R's should be special / rare and the last civic fucked up that rep! the EK9 and DC2 were both supperb / special / extremely rare. I just don't think either of the 2 latests civics are worthy of the type r badge imo.
whitter45

4th Apr 07 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO fair better than the Focus ST, Astra VXR etc

The only car I prefer to that is the golf GTI

I like type R's and love the way they drive - having said that I could not live with one but never fails to impress me or make me smile when I drive my mates
whitter45

4th Apr 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not saying it's not good, i just think honda are letting themselves down, Type R's should be special / rare and the last civic fucked up that rep! the EK9 and DC2 were both supperb / special / extremely rare. I just don't think either of the 2 latests civics are worthy of the type r badge imo.

why it set the standard in its class. It was sub 7 secs to 60 and cost 16K
Since then everyone else has entered that market with sub 7 sec cars

IMO its done wonders for class as much more performance cars are availabel to buy at sub 20k price

[Edited on 04-04-2007 by whitter45]
whitter45

4th Apr 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Looks good. Shame they aren't doing the 2.4, or are they??

2.4 - its not a particluarly good engine in the accord
Cupra Steve
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:

why it set the standard in its calss. It was sub 7 secs to 60 and cost 16K
Since then eberyone else has entered that market with sub 7 sec cars

IMO its done wonders for class as much more performance cars are availabel to buy at sub 20k price

IMO the type r's should be more special than the golf gti etc. think how exclusive an EK9 is or a DC2 or even a DC5, these are all special type r's, i was excited about the RR but i doubt they'll do it!
deano87

4th Apr 07 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A car manufacturer moving towards the future. . .I like it.

Not keen on them alloys though, look like Halfords specials imho.
nik

4th Apr 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of the day Honda need to make money, the Type R is a flagship model built for the masses. It's not a Lamborghini or Maserati, it's a Honda. They never were special were they? They were lighter, more hardcore, but the masses won't buy it. Things have moved on, most people will want a hot hatch that does the shopping, motorway, takes the kid's out in comfort. Fact of life, I think the last CTR did wonders for the stagnant hot hatch class as Whitter says. The current one looks ok, I think it'll grow on me. Dated though? Can't see that myself..
Cupra Steve
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The DC2 and EK9 are both 6 second 0-60 as std, and imo are very special, this is what i would class as a type r. Both were track orientated, i think they should make some special type rr's imo.
whitter45

4th Apr 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
End of the day Honda need to make money, the Type R is a flagship model built for the masses. It's not a Lamborghini or Maserati, it's a Honda. They never were special were they? They were lighter, more hardcore, but the masses won't buy it. Things have moved on, most people will want a hot hatch that does the shopping, motorway, takes the kid's out in comfort. Fact of life, I think the last CTR did wonders for the stagnant hot hatch class as Whitter says. The current one looks ok, I think it'll grow on me. Dated though? Can't see that myself..

Exactly Honda proved there efforts with the ITR and they did not sell. The current Type R appeal to so amny markets hence its so successful maybe for its own good

Its fits perfectly into the honda brand and also the market. the fact it appeals to so many age groups you have to admire the design and market

Most people on here slate the car but until you have driven one then its hard to make real judgement IMO
a_j_mair

4th Apr 07 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like them, grow on me more and more. far superior looking to standard civic. Only thing that lets it down is visibiltiy inside the cabin and im still unsure of the back end.

agree with nic
its like the focus st or golf gti

its a hot hatch not a supercar
whitter45

4th Apr 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The DC2 and EK9 are both 6 second 0-60 as std, and imo are very special, this is what i would class as a type r. Both were track orientated, i think they should make some special type rr's imo.

yes maybe limited editions

but the current CTR and the previus CTR did warrent the badge IMO

The very nature the engine has not been changed although delivery is slightly different shows how far ahead tehy were in terms of the market they were in

the previous CTR had one of the best Transmission and engine combo's in the market today for its price

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Civic Type R.......... 23 database queries in 0.0196550 seconds