corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sub problem.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sub problem.
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Apr 07 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted a Vibe CBR10Evo sub/amp combo yesterday, with a standard Corsa C HU, using a speaker to phono adaptor (as instructed on Corsa-C.co.uk)

The remote lead obviously had to come from an ignition live, and the best one is the cigarette lighter, apparently.

Now, the main problem I have is that when the ignition is on, if I open a door, the sub makes a bong/ding noise

Any idea what it could be?

Please don't mock my methods, I can't afford a new HU at the moment
Steve X16XE

14th Apr 07 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad earth?

American style, out the window
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

14th Apr 07 at 00:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just try a couple of things Robin, make sure the cables don't come too close to the door switches and stuff.

Could even try wiring it direct to the battery, use another bit of cable for power, earth, even remote direct to battery to test, then run a set of RCA's just to outside the car to test it with.

Then see if the 'bong' still happens, then its a case of trial and error to find out what is causing the problem.
Robin
Premium Member

14th Apr 07 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The power cable runs close to the door loom actually, but it's properly insulated stuff, can't see any power getting through to it randomly
Robin
Premium Member

14th Apr 07 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's stopped now
broster
Premium Member

14th Apr 07 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
It's stopped now

i fixed it for you. no need to thank me

New Poll