corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How do you replace a corsa splitter?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you replace a corsa splitter?
skell

User status: Offline
16th Apr 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they detachable..... didn't think they were?

Can you just glue another splitter over the top

Or would i be better having it fibreglassed/plastic welded over and touched in..... as this one is the original colour coded?
Pollard

16th Apr 07 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1997 corsa b and my splitter is just held on by rubber bits shaped like this -> then they fix into a rectangle hole, they can be removed

hope that helps
Kellye

16th Apr 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines detachable
Steve
Premium Member

16th Apr 07 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes we nicked one of these for my corsa off another years ago. They just pull off, but dont doit late at night as they make a hell of a racket coming off
Kellye

16th Apr 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yes we nicked one of these for my corsa off another years ago. They just pull off, but dont doit late at night as they make a hell of a racket coming off

skell

16th Apr 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking off nicking the windscreen wipers off another corsa didn't come across my mind doing the splitter aswell Have only told a mate who was pissed to steal me an aerial before....... he spent what must of been 10 minutes trying very loudly and shouting me for help before the persons window opened he then snapped the aerial off and the getaway began....... before we noticed it was an anti theft aerial
Rob H

16th Apr 07 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say splitter, do you actually mean the lower half of the bumper, or the rubber bit at the bottom? You sound lie your talking about the bottom of the bumper if you think it can be plastic welded .
skell

16th Apr 07 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i meant the splitter...... rubber bit
12vMatt

16th Apr 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine detached in the middle after hitting a kerb its now held on with superglue and its held fine so far
i dont advise using superglue though cos it made a right fucking mess thers glue all over the splitter and there was glue all over me
skell

16th Apr 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmm...... mine looks like it's come away from plastic it was joined to :S

when i had the car resprayed and colour coded he replaced the front bumper with a none vauxhall mould..... Could this mean it's actually attached?
Whittie

16th Apr 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're going to steal one, don't come here, thanks

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How do you replace a corsa splitter? 22 database queries in 0.0134890 seconds