corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cost of ported and polished cylinder head

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cost of ported and polished cylinder head
skipper

User status: Offline
16th Apr 07 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above whats the rough cost and is it worth while getting the cams done at the same time, what sort of power gain would i expect on an x16xe car already has dbilas inlet, race manifold, piper x induction, also if you had the x16xe turboed or x16xe throttle bodied say both are 170 bhp which would be quicker
Butler

16th Apr 07 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My head was second hand although the work is £500 for a gas flow. Theres a guy on mig who does vauxhall heads quite cheap I believe though.
Robin
Premium Member

16th Apr 07 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by skipper
as above whats the rough cost

£250-500 depending on how much work is done.

quote:
is it worth while getting the cams done at the same time

Yes, if you're using aftermarket management, with standard management it's really not worth it.

quote:
what sort of power gain would i expect on an x16xe car already has dbilas inlet, race manifold, piper x induction

About 7-8bhp over a standard head

quote:
also if you had the x16xe turboed or x16xe throttle bodied say both are 170 bhp which would be quicker

Throttle bodies, the throttle response would be better and the engine wouldn't have melted.

quote:
race manifold

Pics? Where from?
Corsa Phil 666

17th Apr 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i had mine done by gary from mig web. Can't remember the cost exactly. bout £280 plus p+p plus parts which were bout £30. Superb job. Spot on. He certainly knows wht his doing. Renews all the valve stems seals. etc. etc.

Price depends on wether you strip it yourself prior to him doing the work and wether you want to put it all back together or want it ready to fit. I highly recommend him.
Scotty C

17th Apr 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just paid £175 for a fully gas flowed head. Speak to gary off mig web, top job.

New Poll