corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Installing a cigarette lighter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Installing a cigarette lighter
eastend

User status: Offline
29th Apr 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi my corsa b 1995 does not have a built in cig lighter. It is just plastic. Is there anyway i can install one. if so how and where would i buy the parts from. how expensive, thanks

[Edited on 29-04-2007 by Ian]
Fonz
Premium Member

29th Apr 07 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure could get one at a scrap/breakers yard for less than Ł5
mg1969

29th Apr 07 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall is the obvious place, but they are quite expensive.

Units are regularly put up for some on the familiar auction site. Have seen a couple on the classified section of this site recently too.

Install is quite easy. Some models seem to have the wiring already there and its just a case of plugging them into the back of the lighter, which should neatly slot into your ash tray. If yours doesnt, like mine didnt, there's just a couple of 12v connection's and a ground connection you gotta make. Easy peasy.
eastend

29th Apr 07 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat do the wires look like if they are already there, i have two dangling down and they hava a sticky label on with a brown one saying MUTE and the blue one sayin something else
little_duke

29th Apr 07 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wires are beind the cig lighter mate taped up!check down the help section a few threads back,i helped a kid there
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
29th Apr 07 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mute and the other one is probably radio mute for a phone kit and remote trigger for amps etc.

There is perminent and ignition switched live available in the radio loom if you don't have the plug in your car.
eastend

30th Apr 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont have any wires behind my stock ashtray so is there any one that can give detailed instructons to wat i have to do thanks
pow
Premium Member

30th Apr 07 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a good look, especically up behind the metal pole there.

If not, tap of the radio wires. Yellow is +12 Ignition Live, Black is earth normally. I think :s
nathy_87

30th Apr 07 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When ashtray remove

Hidden Wires

nathy_87

30th Apr 07 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still haven't got around to this yet, but will do soon. cheers again corsa_sri_mark
eastend

30th Apr 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have wires taped up in there but there are like 30 of them all taped up together. they connect to the radio thing i think then run along the back taped down and then up the right had side up towards vents. bout 30 all taped together

New Poll