corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Joyriders

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Joyriders
Ricky352

User status: Offline
8th May 07 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the weekend there some bastard joyriders broke into my car ( corsa b). I woke up to find my door bent back and the car unlocked. I dont no wot stopped them getting the car whether it was the imobiliser, steering chain or toad alarm, but thankfully they didnt get it - didnt even lift cd player or nething. They removed my led bulb for my alarm for some reason also. It is easier to steal a corsa than people think so just be warned.
Sam
Premium Member

8th May 07 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's easy to steal most cars unfortunately.
Fro

8th May 07 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There much easier ways to get into them then that but that's best kept a secret

Sorry to hear about your car mate
Jenko_Sport

8th May 07 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fro it's quite scary how easily you can get in them if you know how
Ricky352

8th May 07 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wud take about 30 seconds to steal a corsa. Id never have 1 without an alarm. Are the steering locks supposed to be any better than a chain. I no the chain cud be cut but i dont see many joyriders carrying around bolt cutters.
charlessurr

8th May 07 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On topic of security, i lost my key for the locking wheel nuts, had em all off in under 10mins, with an 18mm socket, rachet and a sledgehammer, youve been warned. ;-)
Ricky352

8th May 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here mate, but i bought the car and the previous owner lost the keys. Did the same as you, but the thing is you wud hear sum1 banging away at your car, you wud hope. When i was trying to get mine off every1 i asked new this method too
Ste L

8th May 07 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by charlessurr
On topic of security, i lost my key for the locking wheel nuts, had em all off in under 10mins, with an 18mm socket, rachet and a sledgehammer, youve been warned. ;-)

dont think anyone would sit there in the middle of the night hammering on a socket on a locking nut, would make way too much noise
Huwsi

8th May 07 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A neighbour of mine got her corsa broken into but onla damage was a slightly bent door and Loads of muddy feet marcs all over the dash and windscreen. Also the steering wheel was bent out of shape.
Ricky352

8th May 07 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got away lucky enough. My door was bent out but i bent it back into place and from the outside it isnt too noticeable, just a slight dent and a slight bit of paint chipped off. The only other thing was that my alarm led was missing but im not sure if this was the joyriding bastards or if it happened b4
deano87

8th May 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit random.

Glad I just got my Toad fitted. . .and my car isn't really worth stealing anyway but hey ho, sorry to hear your car getting broken into
Ricky352

8th May 07 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good purchase deano. It was most likely my Toad that stopped the fuckers
deano87

8th May 07 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had it gone off then?
Ricky352

8th May 07 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i found the door closed but obviously bent back and unlocked. As soon as i opened it the alarm went off. Maybe the alarm went off and nobody heard it (although umlikely because i live in a group of bout 10 houses) or they didnt get into the car at all. If the alarm led wasnt missing i wud have said that they didnt enter the car, but now my head is tortured. Its one for inspector morse lol
deano87

8th May 07 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds really strange. Did it not give the churps when you unlocked it of what entry point had been used?

I have put the Toad stickers on my car, so hopefully no fucker will bother trying with mine.

If they do, they won't get anything, and will have a mighty shock when they drive off, if they don't know it's a 12v.

Just hassle of getting things repaired etc.
Ricky352

8th May 07 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My alarm did churp a few times but i dont no if my toad is the same as yours as i didnt buy it and its probably a few year old. Also b4 i reset the alarm i tried to start it and the immobilser etc kicked in. I had the stickers too but 1 fell off - the side which they broke into - so maybe they didnt notice for a while. Id love to no wot happened.
ENB

8th May 07 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some fuckers bent my door back for no other reason than to damage the car. Maybe that's all they wanted to do with yours...I mean mine was bent back enough to reach in and unlock the door, but they didn't bother
Ricky352

8th May 07 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well on my car the door was unlocked but im not sure how much further they got. Maybe they got disturbed doing ur car or maybe its just someone doesnt like u.
JohnNI

8th May 07 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky, prob just we hoods looking to vandalise something.
deano87

8th May 07 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes me want to get my deadlocks sorted. If they bent back the doors, then wouldn't be able to lift the pins up!
Ricky352

8th May 07 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a deadlock, but didnt use it at the time, cos my alarm locks the car normally and then i have to turn the key again to deadlock it. I will never leave my car without it now.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Joyriders 22 database queries in 0.0160189 seconds