corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » splinter cell:conviction, leaked pics and info

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author splinter cell:conviction, leaked pics and info
mk4_astra

User status: Offline
8th May 07 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just found this while browsing
http://achievementjunkie.com/2007/05/04/splinter-cell-conviction-leaked-scans-hit-the-web/#more-221

looks and sounds very promising, i loved every minute of chaos theory and enjoyed the double agent demo for the 360 so i will be getting this.

pics arent very good as they are scanned off a magazine but its better than nothing.

the claims about the game and enemy ai sound great if they are true, turning over a desk to use for cover or moving a filing cabinet to block a doorway with, using objects as weapons and being able to blend in with the crowd for cover

and the source
http://achievementjunkie.com/2007/05/04/splinter-cell-conviction-leaked-scans-hit-the-web/#more-221
Steve
Premium Member

8th May 07 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best people graphics iv seen yet
topshot_2k
Banned

8th May 07 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xbox wont have enough disk space for such detailed games
mk4_astra

8th May 07 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im taking this with a pinch of salt but..... ubisoft are said to have claimed that the other consoles arent up to the job if this game came out on those consoles aswell

how true this is i dont know, google should bring up some info
topshot_2k
Banned

8th May 07 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks awesome
mk4_astra

8th May 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cut and pasted from the site, not sure about it being set all in daytime but everything else sounds extremely promising:

News is filtering through to the internet today that Ubisoft have claimed ‘Splinter Cell - Conviction‘, an Xbox 360 exclusive would not be possible on other platforms. Now, whilst you may expect a 360 dedicated website such as ours to say something along the lines of ‘W0W TH£ PS3 IZ TH3 DE@D” that’s just not what we are all about.

Along with the interview come some scans of the next Splinter Cell (below for your delectation) which is looking quite tardy indeed, though to say this couldn’t be done on PS3 to me sounds almost ludicrous. Unless of course there is some technical wizardry going on behind the scenes which we’re not a party to. Keeping in mind though that this title is being developed exclusively for the 360, it’s entirely possible the programming from the ground up is based on 360 architecture meaning a port to PS3 and the like wouldn’t technically be possible at the moment - that’s not to say PS3 (as the only other next-gen platform) couldn’t handle it though. This is the type of corporate spin we see in the games industry day in, day out. I fully expect to see a PS3 conversion show up in your local gaming emporium 6 to 12 months after the 360 release.

Aside from this, Ubisoft also go on to reveal some interesting tit-bits of information on the title.

* No more sneaking around in the darkness. The game will be based mainly during daylight hours, and you will need to use covert techniques in order to blend in to your surroundings. Much in the same way other Ubisoft title ‘Assassins Creed’ works.

* Every single object in the Conviction world will have ‘proper’ physical properties. Sam can now use any object in the environment as a weapon, or as safe harbour.

* Melee fights are based more on context sensitive attacks rather than point and shoot. Sounds suspiciously like the Indiana Jones tech demo we saw from Lucas Arts towards the end of 2006. Speaking of which, check that out if you haven’t already.

More information (or spin?) when it comes in. Feel free to express yourself in the comments section below.

topshot_2k
Banned

8th May 07 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

superb, looks promising
Tommy

8th May 07 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive played and completed all Splinter Cells apart from Double Agent, im stuck on a roof with some bastard shooting at me, i may give it a few hours tonight

New Poll