corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 16v Corsa B - Started grumbling and has no power!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 16v Corsa B - Started grumbling and has no power!
BaNNi

User status: Offline
20th May 07 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been to york and back motorway cruisin........ after motorway slowed down to go into the town..etc..etc the car now sounds like a gargling scooby and has not much power in it any more...

after i noticed it i pulled over and the air filter had taken its self off the pipe so put it back on too...

i also noticed a pipe was off, small one from the head, someone said its the oil breather pipe and theirs is off and its fine, dont know if it was already of when i bought it as didnt take much notice...

Any help is appreciated but garages are shut on sunday so im stuck and its veeeery annoying!

Thanks in advance!
BaNNi

20th May 07 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*quick update *
The pipe that was off - cant see no where to put it on??

a mate suggested the exhaust / manifold part, checked that and the bolts are as tight as I can get them..

checking spark plugs in a little bit as been told to as they cause noise and loss of power if one is f00ked (so to speak!)

Thanks again!
valverguy

20th May 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would be more worries that the air folter was of that means anything could have flown down there staright into where the air should be going I.E pistons valves etc
BaNNi

20th May 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's pretty much covered and after putting it back on tight as i can turn the screw clamp it seems a bit loose, with the car being on its arse doesnt help things rattling off i suppose so thats kinda explainable...

... but its capable of happening i guess mate? would broke pistons / valves make it act the way it is?

Thanks again!
valverguy

20th May 07 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol it wouldnt run if that was the case. you could hgave got some shit in there dust or debris. id do a full service on it and see if that helps.
BaNNi

20th May 07 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a look at the spark plugs... 3 are like new... end one looks fooked lol... so gonna replace that tomorrow when the shops are open, let you know how i get on

And yeah it's gonna have a full service too during the week!
ainsley_brader

20th May 07 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head gasket is prone on these between water jaacket and no 4 cylinder.

Was no 4 plug very tight to undo what colour is it? Has it used any water?

Ains
BaNNi

20th May 07 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hasn't used any water... it was a tiny bit black on the 4 prongs around the middle bit like the other 3 except badly warn on the inside part that pokes up so ill replace it tomorrow and try it
BaNNi

20th May 07 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S... wasnt very tight neither
Ben D

21st May 07 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly the Same problem mine has had for the Past few months & I still cant figure out whats wrong with it, Does it rev fine when the out of gear but struggles to build up revs/go anywehre when driving? mine will be going on the Tester tomorrow again as the last guy to test it was a moron I'll let you know what i find if you've still not sovled it
BaNNi

21st May 07 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does it even on revving up in or out of gear matey lol

Good luck sorting yours out, dont know how you can drive it like that!

I got done by a micra but got him back after i got upto 80 in 5th lmao....
Ben D

21st May 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant drive like that... Managed to take it up my street and and back down last night, other than that it hasnt been on the roads since November when i bought it

IF the Guy who is going is coming round tonight cant diagnose the problem (like the countless people before him) I dunno what i will do, Migh post a vid of how sluggishly it revs & lack of power & so peeps can hear the Misfire... might help?
BaNNi

21st May 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From top of head, maybe give a few things a check...

air pipes
spark plugs
ht leads
dizzy cap
any connections?

might be a air leak as my corsa i had (3 times ago, lol) kept doing it and it was that.

But then again, it may be the EGR Valve mate, i need one as mine does it sometimes at around 3.5k revs, got told that it may get worse but is common/easy fix by replacing the egr valve and maybe egr gasket, dont pay vauxhall your hard earned money... ebay one

Hope that helps, mine seems ok, taking it for a run out in 10 mins!
Ben D

21st May 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers will check that after once i jumped the battery again.... it does sound like it has a strange sucking noise from the induction though? could be something to do with that?
BaNNi

21st May 07 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

air leak almost sure of it mate!!

check all your air pipes

New Poll