corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Anyone got Sky HD?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone got Sky HD?
_Allan_

User status: Offline
5th Jun 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been able to get free installation (£60) without paying for the multiroom service. However had to pay the £299 for the box

Has anyone managed to get a reduction on this?. We have been with sky for 15+ years and had the top package from day1. You would think they would offer loyal customers a better price but I had to threaten cancellation in order to even get the free installation.

They are hard work, I spoke to 3 different people in the retention/cancellation dept and they were all hard nosed and difficult.

I expected more from Sky TBH

Oh well HD next week for when the M86 arrives
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt get amy discount, i upgraded my hdd in mine to 80gb though, just uses an ordinary ide hdd
Rob_Quads

5th Jun 07 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have had it for 15+ years you should have been able to get the box for £149.

Take a look at http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530766 for more info
_Allan_

5th Jun 07 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i didnt get amy discount, i upgraded my hdd in mine to 80gb though, just uses an ordinary ide hdd

they are 40GB standard, yeah?
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yah or 20gb
_Allan_

5th Jun 07 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
If you have had it for 15+ years you should have been able to get the box for £149.

Take a look at http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530766 for more info

Yeah a lot of them have tried to blag they are part of the Motivano benefits scheme and get a half price discount, we missed out on the shop offer of half price by a couple of weeks also . I spoke to 3 different peeps and in the end I'll resign to the fact of the full price .
_Allan_

5th Jun 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yah or 20gb

Straight swap out then? no ghost image of any boot software needed?, nothing on the OE drive that is needed?
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope straight swap you have to do a shortcut on the remote to format it, and i think it only accepts certain makes, like maxtor. Theres a guide on the net somewhere
_Allan_

5th Jun 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Steve, I may look into that soon
dave17

6th Jun 07 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought they had more space than that? I think my V+ box has a 160GB HDD standard?
Nismo

6th Jun 07 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The HD Box has a 300GB drive, 160GB for custoemr use and 140GB for SKY Anytime use.

Alan if you pay pal me £30 ill get the Sky HD box for you for £149 as i have a voucher sat here right next to me

New Poll