corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am i right to be pissed off with Vauxhall

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Am i right to be pissed off with Vauxhall
Russ

User status: Offline
13th Jun 07 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or are they right...

basicly, my passenger window, has been playing up for years, ever since I had th car (from new). they kept lubricating the rubber (teehee) or something along those lines, now my car is out of warranty they said they'll fix it... for 160quid.

Then my timing chain is playing up, its been replaced once before on a vauxhall recall, now its fucked again, and every tim i start it, sounds like a tank. they said they think it could just do with a service (its was due one in april so 2 months over due - but ive only done 18k in 3 years) i think thats bollocks, as it will still be noisy then, so they want me to pay 140 for a service, then they want 240 to replace the timing chain AGAIN.

so altogether its going to cost 540quid+ to fix a window and sort a timing chain... ive argued for about 30 mins earlier saying that they should do it for nothing as my car has been in for both faults before, (the window about 5 times and the note left on there computer the last time said "will need rubber replacing if it happens again" - so if they fuking knew hat then why not replace it) sorry to go on, but there argument is - window is not there fault, the part isnt faulty so they cant replace, and the timing chain is only covered for 12 months, and its been 24.

is there a number i can ring at vauxhall HQ to vent some frustration?
c20let

13th Jun 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never been a huge fan of vauxhall service. last boy on trhe service desk was a rude twat.
and parts arent much better, dont have a clue what theyre doing and would rather sit and ignore you while talking to their colleague rather than serve you.

honda were spot on when i've been in there. as were vw.
c20let

13th Jun 07 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you spoken to manager etc?

[Edited on 13-06-2007 by c20let]
sam-smith

13th Jun 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv been waiting since saturday for skirt clips. i need them tomorrow.

how long is the expected wait you reckon?

and imo that is a joke
Russ

13th Jun 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20let
have you spoken to manager etc?

[Edited on 13-06-2007 by c20let]
he "wasnt in"
thegsi

13th Jun 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had many many problems with my local dealer. spent over 500quid trying to get EGR fault sorted. its not fixed and exactly the same as wen i started. they have a tendency to bull shit imo
Russ

13th Jun 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to walk in there with enough cash to buy something expensive, like a manaro, and just before i sign say, "ooh just remembered i think your all wankers" and leave
flybikeslee

13th Jun 07 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
i want to walk in there with enough cash to buy something expensive, like a manaro, and just before i sign say, "ooh just remembered i think your all wankers" and leave

in that case you don't need any money do you
Mattb

13th Jun 07 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ, the window fault should still be covered, as its a recurring fault that was first reported well inside the warrenty period..

As for the timing chain or tensioner there should at least be somesort of factory goodwill on this due to the recall..

if it were a Vdub both would have been sorted with little argument..

personally i would threaten them with somesort of legal action maybe, it would also be worth getting in touch with vauxhall customer services (if such a thing exists)
Russ

13th Jun 07 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
Russ, the window fault should still be covered, as its a recurring fault that was first reported well inside the warrenty period..

As for the timing chain or tensioner there should at least be somesort of factory goodwill on this due to the recall..

if it were a Vdub both would have been sorted with little argument..

personally i would threaten them with somesort of legal action maybe, it would also be worth getting in touch with vauxhall customer services (if such a thing exists)
i was thinking this, infact i even called into the VW showroom on way back from vauxhall but saw nothing i iked in used cars, probably good job actually cos the mood i was in i might have spent alot more than they want to fix my corsa lol
Superlite Ltd.

13th Jun 07 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
so they want me to pay 140 for a service

lol For a £1 oil filter, £5 fuel filter and £5 air filter

+ 3.5 litres of semi

madness
RioVerde

14th Jun 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah used to work at vauxhall the servicing is no better than any other garage ppl r gay taking it to main dealers!.....as for egr bollocks.....chuck some redex in the tank n go n thrash fuck out of it will blow the crap out n the light should go off...if not then it probably really is stuck......had my corsa over a year with egr fault but drives perfect so not worried.its only if they stick open u get rough idling and cutting out...just need thrashing..people use crappy supermarket fuel and drive like grannys so theres no wonder they cease up........is it the z10xe?? as the noise from the engine could be the chain rubbing against the timing chain housing in which case would wear a whole in the bastard and an expensive job......corsa c's have always been crap IMO.....loads of re calls on them and used to have more problems on corsa c's than on old skool motors like astra f's,cavaliers.......z10xe z12xe/xep engines are awful
Sam
Premium Member

14th Jun 07 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Using SUL would probably have the same effect as Redex (in terms of 'clearing the crap')?
richc

14th Jun 07 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20let
never been a huge fan of vauxhall service. last boy on trhe service desk was a rude twat.
and parts arent much better, dont have a clue what theyre doing and would rather sit and ignore you while talking to their colleague rather than serve you.

I thort that was just my local dealership!
Cosmo

14th Jun 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Matt said its a recurring fault (the window) which they knew about within the warranty period, plus they mentioned it needed replacing the last time, so keep on at them.

And same goes for the chain really considering youve had to have it changed once already.

Go in again and if they say the manager isnt there walk straight past the desk and into his office....Ive done it before and it'll get you some attention
richc

14th Jun 07 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RioVerde
z10xe z12xe/xep engines are awful

I wish you could tell this lad who i work with about that, he seems to think it is the fastest car on this planet. Its a 52reg comfort with 17's and a 10 pound induction kit from argos and he thinks is quicker than my 1.4 sport, nails 106 quicksilvers and chipped VTR's apprantly

O yer and he says it does 125mph

lmao
TheCam

14th Jun 07 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats he got richc?
thegsi

15th Jun 07 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by RioVerde
z10xe z12xe/xep engines are awful

I wish you could tell this lad who i work with about that, he seems to think it is the fastest car on this planet. Its a 52reg comfort with 17's and a 10 pound induction kit from argos and he thinks is quicker than my 1.4 sport, nails 106 quicksilvers and chipped VTR's apprantly

O yer and he says it does 125mph

lmao

i cant fokin stand people like that. just coz its got a set of cheesy 17's offsetted to 36.4565 doesnt mean its the quickest car in the planet. fokin knob
BeArDy

15th Jun 07 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just ring up Citizens Advice

My mate has a vectra and the other day his powersteering turned itself off all of a sudden.
Car is still inder warrenty so took it in. They said to his it was the rack end leaking, and they are not covered (as basic they was saying it was the boots) and if he wanted it fixing would cost £1300

So in a nut shell, rack as fuked it was covered BUT they tried to pass the buck so he would pay

lets just say after i went down it was all sorted UNDER WARRENTY

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am i right to be pissed off with Vauxhall 22 database queries in 0.0168562 seconds