corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » moddifying the standard aerial

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author moddifying the standard aerial
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Aug 07 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the look of the standard aerial but it is to long and i was wandering how to cut it down, im sure some one posted about doing it a few months back but cant find anything on the search, the area i'm having problems is removing the tip so it can sit on the freshly cut bit any ideas cheers
Haimsey
Premium Member

5th Aug 07 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Veccy estate aerials are smaller

other than that, the one off a CTR is supposed to fit they are small stubby black ones. I want one but they are £16 brand new from dealership

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Kurt

5th Aug 07 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"dealership" i have an alfa romeo on one mine tbh i have quite a few alfa/fiat bits on my car
Toby
Premium Member

5th Aug 07 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted it, free mod and easy to do, CTR do fit but didnt like the curve and had my last anti theft aerial nicked
Haimsey
Premium Member

5th Aug 07 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
sorted it

sooooo............what did you do?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Toby
Premium Member

5th Aug 07 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a guide to achieving a 'bee sting' aerial without the cost of buying one and helps keep the standard look (which was my main reason for doing it)

Tools: Super glue
Chopping board (similar)
Stanley Knife
Pilers (maybe)
Tissue

Time: 20 minutes

1) measure the aerial to the length you want and mark it at this point ( i cut mine halfway as sound waves are so far apart and this gives you optium radio pickup behind the original length)

2) trim the balck plastic off the white material up to the bud at the top of ther aerial so you have half a black aerial and half a white aerial or whatever length you desired still left black.

3) at the top of the bud there will be a couple of holes about a pin prick in size, taking the stanley knife cut the top off just above these holes - KEEP THIS SAFE YOU NEED IT STILL!!

4) You have two choices here dependant on how stuck the bud is at the top, luckily mine was quite loose so i slid mine down to the bottom to meet the black plastic, if this is the case skipped to step 6

5) if your not so lucky and it wont slip down or up and off, you will need to take the stanley knife and cut down the centre of the bud from top to bottom TIP - follow the seal of the bud oringialy and this will hide the cut you made and loosen it slightly so it will slip down, just keeping pulling like a buggary it will move eventually and move it down to meet the black plastic.

6) Now at this point, you should have your aerial looking good but with the white rod sticking out the top, now carefully trim the white rod NOTE: make sure you leave about 3mill of the white rod protuding the top of the bud, this will give you something to stick the top you cut off earlier to.

7) No take off the bud and the top and fill them with super glue be careful not to get it on yourself otherwise it will be funny for everyone but you. Now replace the bud back on and the top of the bud and wipe off the excess glue. If you had to cut down the side of the bud dont worry this will be disguiesd and wont be seen

8) leave for a minute or two and taadaa you have your new aerial. fit and enjoy

will get some pics to help explain pictures later
Toby
Premium Member

5th Aug 07 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe move this to tutorials??!?!?
deano87

6th Aug 07 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean this thread:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=343386

A Vauxhall Agila one is short I do believe. My short one that I made myself was stolen luckily I had a spare!

New Poll