corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Steven Gerrard

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steven Gerrard
strick206

User status: Offline
6th Aug 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO, he should be banned for 3 games like Rooney was,

he raised his arm and hit a player with intent where as rooney was just concentrating on the ball

I know it was a friendly but still, if you can be banned in them (which i dont believe in by the way) he should be banned
Cosmo

6th Aug 07 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH after what has been going on in some of the friendlies (not just this one, but this included) there should be a lot of players banned, as the diving/play acting/hassling the ref/bad tackles/etc. have been in the majority of games Ive watched pre-season.
Nath

6th Aug 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A raised arm like that is a red card as far as i'm concerned.
strick206

6th Aug 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
TBH after what has been going on in some of the friendlies (not just this one, but this included) there should be a lot of players banned, as the diving/play acting/hassling the ref/bad tackles/etc. have been in the majority of games Ive watched pre-season.

Yes but in some of the friendlies, they are just that, friendlies,

where as that one was a registered tournament meaning bannings can count, and one should be dished out in this case as its clearly a red card

and that Alan Kennedy is it? can GTF saying it wasnt a sending off offense where as rooneys was more understandable
Cosmo

6th Aug 07 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure if they do count in the Rotterdam tournament, Im sure I remembered hearing a commentator (near the beginning of the game) mention that they dont count unless the ref decides to take it further.

Personally dont think they should count - but he should of been sent off for it TBH as did raise his hands to the guy.
Nath

6th Aug 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im not sure if they do count in the Rotterdam tournament, Im sure I remembered hearing a commentator (near the beginning of the game) mention that they dont count unless the ref decides to take it further.

Personally dont think they should count - but he should of been sent off for it TBH as did raise his hands to the guy.

IIRC all straight reds for Violent Conduct do count. Double yellows don't though.
Cosmo

6th Aug 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know 2 yrs ago Gerrard was sent off in a tournament and the ref didnt bother sending it through as was upto him if to do so, so didnt count against him.
strick206

6th Aug 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

IIRC all straight reds for Violent Conduct do count. Double yellows don't though.

Yeah, thats exactly what it was with rooney, straight reds count as bans in official tournaments

i understand he wasnt given one, but i do feel it should be reviewed and decided that he should be banned for 3 games like rooney was
strick206

6th Aug 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know 2 yrs ago Gerrard was sent off in a tournament and the ref didnt bother sending it through as was upto him if to do so, so didnt count against him.

i remember that too, and also thats what united argued with when rooney was banned, that it should be the same for everyone, especially when rooneys wasnt even a sending off offense in my opinion

They made an example of Rooney, and that example should be carried on with gerrard
Cosmo

6th Aug 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not particularly bothered that it hasnt happened TBH

They wont review it now, atleast I doubt they will with it only being a friendly. If they do then so be it and he'll get a ban, but the ref saw what happened and took no action - which usually means they cant do anything further.
strick206

6th Aug 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not particularly bothered that it hasnt happened TBH

They wont review it now, atleast I doubt they will with it only being a friendly. If they do then so be it and he'll get a ban, but the ref saw what happened and took no action - which usually means they cant do anything further.

If no action was taken then they can review it, i thought it was they can only review it if it was serious like the thatcher incident if a booking was made, because the ref had dealed with it on the pitch

granted its not exactly serious, but i think they would have sent a united player off for it. Waits for the angry reply from cosmo
Cosmo

6th Aug 07 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No angry reply, your a United fan, you always feel victomised, I have no problem with this.

From what I understand (from the few times its happened against us) - if a ref see's the incident and mentions it in his match report then they cant take any further action as will basically undermine the refs decision.

Only in exceptional circumstances, such as the Thatcher incident, where the ref saw some of the incident but obviously missed some of it, can they take more action.
mattwhite

6th Aug 07 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest i do agree that Gerrard should have been sent off for raising his arms, and also pennant maybe after that two footed tackle, but feyenord wernt exactally incocent either... Drenthe for example, good player but likes to get involved with everything else off the ball, like when he pushed Gerrard...

Would fit in a treat at chelski
antscorsa

6th Aug 07 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought pennats diving tackle was a red card offence to be honest! 2 footed lunge
p

6th Aug 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gerrard is such a wanker for doing that. If that was Rooney the media would want a season ban on him or something, but saint Gerrard gets away with it once again.
Cosmo

6th Aug 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
Gerrard is such a wanker for doing that. If that was Rooney the media would want a season ban on him or something, but saint Gerrard gets away with it once again.

he did it a few times when he was younger - pre being a super star - when he was very hot headed, and got the red cards and extended bans for doing so.

But in recent years since he has hit the headlines he hasnt done anything like that at all.
p

6th Aug 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by corsadee

he did it a few times when he was younger - pre being a super star - when he was very hot headed, and got the red cards and extended bans for doing so.

But in recent years since he has hit the headlines he hasnt done anything like that at all.

Fair point well made, you know him more than I do. But for some one with his experience doing something like that is shockng, and the FA should ban him. You get a yellow card now for swearing, and Gearrd got a yellow for punching a fellow player in the face. As I say if that was Rooney the media would have a field day and he would get a huge ban and may be a fine.
Nath

6th Aug 07 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some fat scouser on SSN saying how Gerrard is a passionate player and you can't take the passion out of the lad.
Passion? He punched some bloke in the face!
Cosmo

7th Aug 07 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he didnt punch the guy, he pushed his neck He might of gone to give him a slap round the ear but he missed

I do agree that in most cases he would should of been sent off. I dont agree that people would want Rooney banned more so than Gerrard, but they would probably kick up more of a fuss as Rooney is a lot more hot headed and involved in those sort of clashes more than Gerrard - probably due to his age, and as I said Gerrard was the same at his age.
Nath

7th Aug 07 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
he didnt punch the guy, he pushed his neck He might of gone to give him a slap round the ear but he missed

I do agree that in most cases he would should of been sent off. I dont agree that people would want Rooney banned more so than Gerrard, but they would probably kick up more of a fuss as Rooney is a lot more hot headed and involved in those sort of clashes more than Gerrard - probably due to his age, and as I said Gerrard was the same at his age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCoBWBz-38

Thats a punch, all be it a wank one. Certainly wasn't a push to the neck!
Tom

7th Aug 07 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Punched him is that how you's lot punch

he should have been sent off, he defo saw red (mind the pun) you could see it in his face, as said though he's not done anything like this for years and there's a good reason for him having a good reputation. That drenthie is a dirty scumbag aswell. Did people notice babbel trying to stop gerrard going in
Cosmo

7th Aug 07 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was a punch he'd of been spark out, do you not know Gerrard is dead 'ard.
Cosmo

7th Aug 07 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Punched him is that how you's lot punch

he should have been sent off, he defo saw red (mind the pun) you could see it in his face, as said though he's not done anything like this for years and there's a good reason for him having a good reputation. That drenthie is a dirty scumbag aswell. Did people notice babbel trying to stop gerrard going in

I personally liked seeing some of the others rushing to to help out (not break it up!!) Agger squared upto that guy and Torres came running 30yrds to get involved
Tom

7th Aug 07 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still 'ing at that being a punch, more like a hand off

Agger was straight in yeah, loved that - was a bit pissed up shouting at the tv in my mates
Cosmo

7th Aug 07 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its about time we started sticking up for each other though. United, Chelsea and Arsenal would of caused a riot sticking up for each other in that sort of situation, we've never really done that and think we should be, shows the team spirit and willingness to punch (slap really!) someone for your team mates!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Steven Gerrard 23 database queries in 0.0209088 seconds