corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FAO anyone who's had tattoos, especially if you had input into the design

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO anyone who's had tattoos, especially if you had input into the design
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 07 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive decided that I am going to go ahead with getting a koi tattoo on my shouler blade soon, ive been putting it off cos i swim twice a day and it will mean I cant for 2 weeks, so Im thinking the best time to do it would be just before I move to Spain cos I will be spending a week in Hereford, and then a few days in madrid before going off to La Coruņa.
The thing is, Ive got an idea in my head of what I want it to look like, and i can draw reasonably well so I could draw it roughly and give it to the artist, but how long would they need to draw up their own final designs, and do you have to pay them to do it, or just for the tattoo itself?
Cosmo

22nd Aug 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they are doing the actual tattoo they will probably include the charge in the total price, they may want a deposit before they start work though as a lot of people tend to have second thoughts after the design and they've wasted their time then.

One thing to think about though is you shouldnt go in the sun after getting the tattoo for around 4-6weeks or can fade the colours drastically, so having it done just before Spain might not be the best idea.

Also, make sure you go to an artist you know can both desing and do the tattoo well, best bet is to speak to others who have had work done by them rather than just seeing pics.
C2RL R

22nd Aug 07 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some tattoo artists would not need a final design to work off. I know a guy who could look at say 3 or 4 pics of other peoples tattoos, plus your rough sketch and combine the lot to give you exactly what you want. Others will need to take it away and draw it up first. If thats the case you will more than likely have to pay for their time.
drunkenfool

22nd Aug 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, thats quite a good point to consider. Maybe I would be better off getting it done when I come back for a couple of weeks at Christmas? Although I;m not really one for sunbathing that much, and term will start a week after I get there. Hmmm, decisions decisions! Ive been told by a few mates that have had tattoos that there's a good one in kington, there's 3 in Hereford and ive heard bad things about 2 of them, not sure about the 3rd!
drunkenfool

22nd Aug 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
Some tattoo artists would not need a final design to work off. I know a guy who could look at say 3 or 4 pics of other peoples tattoos, plus your rough sketch and combine the lot to give you exactly what you want. Others will need to take it away and draw it up first. If thats the case you will more than likely have to pay for their time.

I wouldnt be happy letting someone do that to me in case I didnt like it, cos then id be stuck with it for life!
LeeM

22nd Aug 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant really avoid the sun here and mine hasnt faded at all, although its black so may be why
Cosmo

22nd Aug 07 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im getting my next over winter when I'll be more covered up...not that this summer would of made a difference
Jay

22nd Aug 07 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine in the middle of summer, took the plaster thing off straight away and was working out in the sun all day, bathed, swam with it and the colour hasnt faded.
C2RL R

22nd Aug 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
I wouldnt be happy letting someone do that to me in case I didnt like it, cos then id be stuck with it for life!

The guy i'm talkin about is louis molloy of middleton tattoo studio, same guy who did some of beckhams.

i doubt anyone would be unhappy with his work:

Edit: wont let me link pics of the koi tatt's he's done.

[Edited on 22-08-2007 by C2RL R]
C2RL R

22nd Aug 07 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drunkenfool

22nd Aug 07 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the pics mate, Im thinking about something a bit like this one (or at least more like this than the other ones)

But I want two swimming in opposite directions in a kind of yin yang shape. Pic saved though, might do some more browsing and make a folder of ones I like
Seany

22nd Aug 07 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the place i get mine he gives free consultations and hes a shit hot artist he done the one on my back

and now im getting a sleeve with koi and cherry blossom in a river, is it a sleeve your wanting?
drunkenfool

23rd Aug 07 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no chance, I want something that isn't too visible so it can be covered over easily if i want it to be. I want it on my shoulder blade
Cosmo

23rd Aug 07 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
The guy i'm talkin about is louis molloy of middleton tattoo studio, same guy who did some of beckhams.

that guy has about an 18month waiting list, I keep trying his studio to get a cancellation for sometime this winter
C2RL R

23rd Aug 07 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
that guy has about an 18month waiting list, I keep trying his studio to get a cancellation for sometime this winter

I know but he's really worth it imo. I'm gonna try to get in in november as my mate has a booking which he can no longer attend. I'm hoping he'll let me change it over.
Skylined

23rd Aug 07 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do u want a fish tattooed on you?
dna23

23rd Aug 07 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.tattoos.co.uk/studio_largeView.php?idx=dyStudioImages/Body-Suit_10.gif

Thought that was an arm then I looked at it again, I saw you mentioned that Louis guy before Cosmo, he's really good.
drunkenfool

23rd Aug 07 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skylined
why do u want a fish tattooed on you?

Few reasons really, but the main one is cos it has a lot of personal meaning for me. The significance of koi in art is explained here...
"The Japanese consider it the most spirited of fish, so full of energy and power that it can fight its way up swift-running streams and cascades. Because of its strength and determination to overcome all obstacles, it stands for courage and the ability to attain high goals. The carp is an appropriate symbol to encourage the overcoming of life's difficulties leading to consequent success"
and for anyone that knows me well, they will know that ive been through quite a lot of life changing things in the last 18 months, ive completely sorted myself out, turned my life around and am a much happier and more positive person as a result. I know that having the tattoo will be a personal reminder of what I've managed to achieve this far, and that the only way now is to keep going forwards with my life doing the best I can with everything.
Aside from the main reason, I'm also very into koi keeping as a hobby, ive built a few ponds now in different houses and i have 18 koi in my own house going up to 26" in length, and find it really peaceful and relaxing to chill out in the garden watching the fish quite often.
And lastly, I go swimming twice a day and people sometimes take the piss saying that I will turn into a fish, so i thought it would be quite fitting to have a fish tattoo

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FAO anyone who's had tattoos, especially if you had input into the design 22 database queries in 0.0119259 seconds