corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how easy is it to powdercoat your alloys???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how easy is it to powdercoat your alloys???
1.2-Ls-Corsa

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 07 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also how much do you think it would cost to convert silver alloys to have the black middle and the silver rim round the outside??? thinking of converting my focus st alloys to this kind

Thanx all

TIGZY
Planty02

22nd Aug 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I know powercoating has to be done by a professional because of the equipment that is required...I think the going rate as about £30-40 a wheel, could be wrong though

Also, I'm not sure if a wheel can be powder coated in different colours because of the way its' done (I think its dipped, so the entire wheel is covered), again I could be wrong

To have a different colour center and rim, they are usually sprayed as far as I know

[Edited on 22-08-2007 by Planty02]
jr

22nd Aug 07 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant do two colours either with powdercoating unless there split rims
JM_16v

22nd Aug 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as all of above

in simple terms it works with the paint being powder to start with and it heats up and is basically melted on.

spray them would be cheaper and easier. think im going to get my rims powder coated because its free

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how easy is it to powdercoat your alloys??? 22 database queries in 0.1469231 seconds