corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » penisons

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author penisons
paul.mitchell1984

User status: Offline
4th Sep 07 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just joined mine at work and wondere what everybody eklse does.

im paying 4% of my wage which is £50 roughly and my employer put in 11% im 23 and cant touch till at least 55 does this sound a good deal?

whats everybody eklse doing as im also planning on getting a high intrest saver and putting £50 - 100 in that a month aswell..
Russ

4th Sep 07 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paul.mitchell1984
just joined mine at work and wondere what everybody eklse does.

im paying 4% of my wage which is £50 roughly and my employer put in 11% im 23 and cant touch till at least 55 does this sound a good deal?

whats everybody eklse doing as im also planning on getting a high intrest saver and putting £50 - 100 in that a month aswell..
yeah not bad at all, i pay 4% and mine pay 16%. If i die, my NOK will get 2x my salary too.
BarnshaW

4th Sep 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my company pay 5% of my salary and i cant touch it til i am 65. i have also entered myself on a "high risk" plan which means my pension will rise/fall based on the economy. shud rise though as it has done in general for some years now.
Jambo

4th Sep 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been told not to bother wit ha pension and invest instead.

I already hav e ap ension and have had for 3?! years or so...

Want ot get out of it now
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Sep 07 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i pay roughly 5% and my company pay 3%

paul.mitchell1984

4th Sep 07 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye mines a hogh risk rise or fall and can become less risk the older i get, if i had the money to id invest but my credits screwed and cant get a house on your own for 17k lol
BarnshaW

4th Sep 07 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as matey, round where i live id never ever even be able to buy a FLAT let alone a house, so id either have to move somewhere cheaper or live at home til my parents die. depressing really isnt it
Ben G

4th Sep 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will start paying 8% of my total wages to pension after working at ford for 6 months, only been there 2 months so far.

but i can retire on full pay at 49 and if i died my next of kin get's 2 years full pay (would be about 60k) so not bad really

[Edited on 04-09-2007 by Ben G]
BarnshaW

4th Sep 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but when ur 49 years old how much will 60k get u
James

4th Sep 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My company pay 5% and I pay nothing.

I also have 4x salary life assurance

[Edited on 04-09-2007 by James]
Jules S
Premium Member

5th Sep 07 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well,

My 2p worth.

I opted out of serps when I was 22, because I had a company pension offered (didn't have a clue tbph) 12 months later I was laid off and I forgot i had opted out

I was then invited into a very good pension scheme when I was 27, and declined it because I couldn't afford to contribute
House etc

So I'm a tad fcuked?

Not really.

I was always told that you should never contribute to a pension if you cant afford to....I still believe that.

Investments are complex things, esp when long term investments are concerned. The money YOU put in are effectively paying the old timers pensions today. It's like a rolling cycle. At least thats my understanding of it. A bloke I work with left last week....his parting words were 'keep paying your pensions in, I want to live as long as poss on my pension'

I dunno, I could be totally wrong. What I DO know is that I forgoed my pension when I was young and bought a house. I've now got 100k equity in the house and nearly a zero mortgage. I'm now in a position where the last 25 years of my working life I can take advantage of the works pension and also invest a substantial amount of my disposable income into other funds.

Having done some rough sums in the last week I will semi retire in my 50's and fully retire at 60.

Russ

5th Sep 07 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to have a son, he can sign for man utd on 100k a week at 16, i can retire at 40, ace
Gavin
Premium Member

9th Sep 07 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
im going to have a son, he can sign for man utd on 100k a week at 16, i can retire at 40, ace

exactly what i plan to do.... just need to find myself someone to mother my 'pension' child

pew pew pew pewwwww
Marc

9th Sep 07 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparantley ever Norwich Union employee has a pension that the company contributes to. I don't earn enough to add to it or start one up!
Robbo

10th Sep 07 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
So I'm a tad fcuked?

Not really.

I was always told that you should never contribute to a pension if you cant afford to....I still believe that.
As someone who is quite up on pensions etc... 100% agree!! I personally think most people need to start savign around 30, but before that its not that big a deal... if you can afford it then great, if not, then dont worry too much about it!!
Russ

10th Sep 07 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously the sensible option could also be, dont get a pension, just put all money into your house, down grade when u retire and enjoy the collaterol
Andrew

10th Sep 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not opting in mine. I'd rather pay the 3% off student loans right now.
neoquip

10th Sep 07 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with a private pension you have to think this (as I'm now only just working it out.. at 33)

what ever they predict the CASH POT will be at retirement age.. lets say £90k

you will get back 25% cash in a lump sum when it matures.
about £20k (this will be what you've paid 'IN' yourself).
then you get a few £k a year for the rest og your life (this must be about £4k)

Use the pension as a savings, as you'll get back what you pa in and a bit every ear. BUT on't rely on it, invest ese where and buy property!!

this is just my opion of course.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » penisons 25 database queries in 0.0124071 seconds