corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Jill's old car for sale?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jill's old car for sale?
lil_g

User status: Offline
20th Sep 07 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Corsa-2-0-Redtop-SHOW-CAR-Purple_W0QQitemZ110170654558QQihZ001QQcategoryZ9858QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Whittie

20th Sep 07 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ace car
Kurt

20th Sep 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt this just sell not long ago?
Shane

20th Sep 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of months ago i think yes
SAL
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the girl who brought it is paying silly price for insurance i think, and she uses the car for lots of millage ?

Jill might shed some light on this ?
Shane

20th Sep 07 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame its changing hands again,
deano87

20th Sep 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually quite a lovely looking car.
Dan295

20th Sep 07 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate it when showcars are sold because they are just tossed around the market willy nilly and everyone just wants it to put their name on the logbook, shame some cant be trusted to go to good homes
Jill
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
the girl who brought it is paying silly price for insurance i think, and she uses the car for lots of millage ?

Jill might shed some light on this ?

Yes thankyou uncle stavs

Yes Laura bought the car at the end of June (so technically they have only owned it three months, whereas the ebay advert says four ). She is selling because she was having trouble insuring it- bearing in mind she is only 19... She had insurance when she bought it but then there was a few problems and apparently they bumped up the premium or something. And apparently she's changed jobs recently so needs a car for commuting etc...

I got a bit of a bitchy text message this morning from her actually because I sent her a message saying that the question answered on the ebay advert is wrong- my engine conversion was NOT done in 2004 and NOT done by Vauxhall. And also the front bumper is not the same make as the rear I was just trying to be helpful because I didn't want her to look an idiot who doesn't know about her own car! I also mentioned that she may want to state in the advert the strutbrace is not included with the car (as I sold it in 2005) and the parcel shelf is not part of the ICE install (as she was using some pictures from 2004). And she sent me a message cos she was pissed of with people I apparently know contacting her and asking questions about the car. Well if she chooses to advertise it on the worlds biggest auction site what does she really expect! I can't help it if people contact her and want to know about it can I? Just so happens that my ex boss has an employee, Dom who is interested in the car and he said when he contacted them to ask a question they didn't have a clue with the answers they gave... Hey ho.... That's how I found out it was for sale by him contacting me actually, else I would not have known it was on ebay I'm actually ok with them selling the car, at the end of the day I've got my RS now and the corsa is no longer mine at the end of the day. Think I was more annoyed that they used a link to a thread on here posted by me using all MY pictures without my permision, and consequently have been spammed with lots of emails asking ME questions about my car that is not mine! Also, they've been telling people the car has receipts for £19500 I'm sorry but that is not true either.

Apparently someone from scotland is going to leicester, where Laura+Josh live tomorrow and the sale sounds practically confirmed. So wish them all the best, hope they get the price they want, and hope a boyracer who will wrap it round a tree in a few weeks does not end up buying it. And look forward to seeing if the new owner joins up here/seeing the Mauve Monster at the shows in the future.

JILL

[Edited on 21-09-2007 by Jill]

Jill
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan295
i hate it when showcars are sold

I would just like to take the opportunity to say that when I owned my car (for nearly eight years) it was NOT a showcar. It was driven EVERY day. Please please do not tar me with the stereotypical "showcars" that sit in garages collecting dust and are only used for cruises/shows/nice weather drives etc etc

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
I'm actually ok with them selling the car...

...and hope a boyracer who will wrap it round a tree in a few weeks does not end up buying it. And look forward to seeing if the new owner joins up here/seeing the Mauve Monster at the shows in the future.

JILL

Oh forgot to say I think I will be sad to see it go to a home where the owner doesn't look after it cos I know that Laura and Josh did, whilst they had it. And if I see it at a show looking ragged and tatty, like Brad or Fears old corsas then I'll be a bit dissenheartened about all my hard work and effort over the time I owned it. So for that reason may be it's a good thing if it does go to Scotland- the further away the better I'm also sad for Laura and Josh as they've only had it three months and they hadn't yet had chance to experience or have as much fun with the Mauve Monster in regards to driving, showing it etc etc. So hope the new owner hangs onto it for a bit longer

JILL
J100RSA

20th Sep 07 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i could never see j100 owned by any 1 else If it came to it id split mine for bits and scrap the shell so no 1 else could have it
Jill
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I guess everyone's different though aren't they. I mean I can see your point and I did/do care about my old car but I had finished her as a project and after owning her for nearly eight years there was really no point in hanging on to her just for the sake of it. And I know some people with shoot me down but at the end of the day it's only a car *Jill ducks and runs* I had fun and practically grew up with the Mauve Monster as it was my first car but I can't really get too emotive over it. And I would never have split her, that's practically murder! (joke!) But seriously it was completed as a project so there was no way I would split/strip her so she had to go as a complete car. But yeah I can see it from your point of view Dan

JILL

Cosmo

20th Sep 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its only a car.

Great care for it and everything whilst you own it, but once you've sold it you've sold it. Its a lump of metal at the end of the day.
J100RSA

20th Sep 07 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it is cosmo but it all my hard work thats gone into it and it would cut me up to see some 1 else ruin it. if some of you saw j100 now you'd think what the fook it sits in my garage with no engine very little interior and is so dusty its not blue anymore! it will be returning sometime in the future
Jill
Premium Member

21st Sep 07 at 06:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Its only a car.

Great care for it and everything whilst you own it, but once you've sold it you've sold it. Its a lump of metal at the end of the day.

Yes comsopolitan that's what I was trying to say, but just went about the houses trying to get my point across..!! At the end of the day it is just a car, and that's in no way whatsoever being harsh, just realistic and honest! And also at the end of the day those that know me well enough know how much my corsa meant to me when I owned it, and how much hard work it took to get it looking how I wanted etc. But that chapter of my car-owning life is now over, I have moved on and believe it or not there is life after owning a modified corsa!! Obviously I am interested to see what happens to the car in the future but that's about it. I just don't understand people who say they will never part with their cars, why?? Hanging onto it and leaving it to collect dust just for the sake of still owning it... And I'd just like to state that's not a dig at you Dan, it's just cars in general as there are people that do do it.

JILL
Steve
Premium Member

21st Sep 07 at 07:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone want to see my showcar?
Jill
Premium Member

21st Sep 07 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Incase anyone is interested LOL Just got a text from one of my friends telling me it's been sold to the guy/girl from Scotland who went to view it earlier today.... That's all I know

EDIT: To say Josh just sent me a message about two hours later telling me a girl from Aberdeen has bought the car and apparently it's going to a good home, used only for shows/collecting dust etc etc. Great stuff...

JILL

nik

21st Sep 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of my old cars have been written off I think, is a bit annoying but I only care about the money in my pocket
Dazzi-gsi

22nd Sep 07 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was cruising around aberdeen tonight, male driver.
JM_16v

22nd Sep 07 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate it when people sell cars using picures that are lke 2-3 years old
Andrew

22nd Sep 07 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Most of my old cars have been written off I think, is a bit annoying but I only care about the money in my pocket

Cars are like gfs, money grabbers
DBenson

22nd Sep 07 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dazzi-gsi
This was cruising around aberdeen tonight, male driver.

Well I work with Jill and saw the message on her phone saying it was bought by a woman?! Weird. Seems the people that sold the mauve monster didn't really have a clue at all about the car whatsoever to be perfectly honest with you. They didn't know who did the engine conversion, when the conversion was done and how many miles etc, when the recon was put it after conversion, what head was on it, or anything like that regarding the car
DBenson

22nd Sep 07 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
i hate it when people sell cars using picures that are lke 2-3 years old

yeah defo esp when the strutbrace in the pic and the pic from the autoglym best in britain competition was in 2004 and advertising things the car doesn't have anymore- parcel shelf and strutbrace (jill sold to a guy off here I think)

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:
Originally posted by nik

Cars are like gfs, money grabbers

lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Jill's old car for sale? 22 database queries in 0.0708869 seconds