corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hill-wood

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hill-wood
Cosmo

User status: Offline
25th Sep 07 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tells Chelsea how it is

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has dismissed Chelsea's dream of global domination as 'fantasy'.

Blues chief executive Peter Kenyon is determined to establish the club as the world's biggest by 2014, but their plans have been hit over the past week.

Jose Mourinho left his post as manager, just days after Chelsea's UEFA Champions League tie with Rosenborg attracted only 25,000 to Stamford Bridge.

And Hill-Wood, who has seen Arsenal become the second biggest club in Europe in terms of turnover, has shattered Chelsea's vision for the future.

"I found it very surprising Chelsea only had 25,000 for a Champions League game," said Hill-Wood in the Daily Mirror.

Fantasy

"Our fan-base probably started in the thirties and it's been handed down from father to son and so forth.

"It takes 100 years to build and about 100 minutes to destroy. You've got to be careful you don't destroy it.

"Money is irrelevant to history and how big your club is. Maybe not irrelevant, but it's better not to have too much money because you then don't go and squander it.

"It's bull****. I don't want to run Chelsea down, but one has to concede Manchester United and Liverpool are probably the biggest names in UK football and probably throughout the world.

"For Chelsea to think they are suddenly going to dominate Manchester United and Liverpool is fantasy. It's not going to happen."
strick206

25th Sep 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wait for the chelsea fans to rubbish what he said, when it is perfectly true

even wigan would fill their stadium for a champions league game, and yet chelsea, still only got 25k on

it is a pure fantasy how they think chelsea are going to be bigger than united etc

[Edited on 25-09-2007 by strick206]
Cosmo

25th Sep 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be a shame when Hill-wood is oust as Arsenal's Chairman
Nath

25th Sep 07 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our very own board should take note of this statement:

"It takes 100 years to build and about 100 minutes to destroy. You've got to be careful you don't destroy it."
Cosmo

25th Sep 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its a comment a lot of clubs need to take onboard.

Ours yankees must of done with the redesign of the stadium. And, although Uniteds didnt at first, did well to win the league to keep them happy.
strick206

25th Sep 07 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still feel uniteds owners should fook off

even though they are spending money, i just feel we should be owned by the fans

Cosmo

25th Sep 07 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
i still feel uniteds owners should fook off

even though they are spending money, i just feel we should be owned by the fans

they will do eventually, are only there for ome quick cash I think. Few years increasing the brand further with this new TV deal and they'll sell to some Asian consortium or float it again.
DR11
Banned

25th Sep 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone saying it as it is. Good.
Cosmo

25th Sep 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure Chelsea's board and fans will stay in their own little world as usual though where they are the biggest club in the world.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hill-wood 23 database queries in 0.0085900 seconds