corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Over heating problem + no power when pulling off

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Over heating problem + no power when pulling off
Dom

User status: Offline
6th Oct 07 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the title says really, for the last 6 months or so the car has developed a heating issue, when standing in traffic the temperature creeps right up near the 100c mark, and i've noticed that the fan seems to be cutting in quite late (around the 3/4 mark). Before that, the car would only get to the half way point, even on the hottest of days. Any ideas? thermostat?

Also the car has a intermittent problem when pulling off, the power dies for a few seconds - ie: you'd be at a roundabout, foot to floor to pull off and theres no power what so, ever then a few seconds later it'll roar back into life.
This one im a bit stumped by as it doesn't happen all the time, it might happen once every two weeks or so. I did think it was linked with the temperature issue but it happens when the cars cold too.
Any ideas?

Also, im about to service the car, best place to buy spark plugs, filters etc? Any good websites? Did used to buy kits off ebay with vauxhall parts but they don't seem to be that cheap anymore and halfords is generally a rip off.

Cheers Guys,
Dom

Edit - This is on a 1999 T Reg 1.2 16v Corsa

[Edited on 06-10-2007 by Dom]
Brett
Premium Member

6th Oct 07 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Induction Kit?
Dom

6th Oct 07 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Induction Kit?

You think the the panel filter is fubar'd causing the lack of power? Car is competely standard by the way
Haimsey
Premium Member

6th Oct 07 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something similar to the loss of power could be the AFM?

Mine is having very similar problems at the moment too.

Standard air filter, with K&N panel waiting to go into it, but im ordering a new AFM when funds allow first.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Dom

7th Oct 07 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
Jake

7th Oct 07 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3/4 isnt late for the fan to kick in. I should kick in at 100'oC anyway. I'd change the coolant and go from there
Dom

7th Oct 07 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
3/4 isnt late for the fan to kick in. I should kick in at 100'oC anyway. I'd change the coolant and go from there

will do, cheers
Jake

7th Oct 07 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and also the power loss could be down to the AFM. Take it out and see if its dirty.

New Poll