corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Ford Focus Help, running a wire help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ford Focus Help, running a wire help?
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Oct 07 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asking for a mate, hes just bought a mk1 ford focus 1.6, hes still got all his audio stuff from his last car all ready to go in, problem being that we couldn't see an obvious place to run the positive wire(or power cable as some people call it) through the bulkhead and into the car and onto the amplifer in the boot.

Anyone got any idea's? I did sign up onto a focus forum but you need to pay to be able to use those parts of the forum.

Help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks Adam

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Toby
Premium Member

19th Oct 07 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guessing you can find any grommets aty all in the firewall??
Adam C
Premium Member

19th Oct 07 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, nothing obvious, had a good look around but found nothing, was going to take the scuttle panel off on the passengers side tomorrow as i think i might find something in there just wanted to see if anyone on here has come across it before.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
lozarus

20th Oct 07 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on focus's you have to drill a hole in the bulkhead. then gromit it or whatever. only way i have ever done it in focus's.
Richardhhha

20th Oct 07 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the focuses are pants for, as Lozarus said you got to drill hole through bult head and then cut piece out of sound proofing behind dash to run the power lead, also sugest running the phono leads down the center of the car as you wont get asmuch interference that way

oh and MK1 & MK2 are the same cars, just had different engines in them, and the head lamps incorperated the indicators on the mk2 where they were in the front bumper on the mk1

[Edited on 20-10-2007 by Richardhhha]

New Poll