corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Need For Speed : ProStreet

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need For Speed : ProStreet
Doug

User status: Offline
24th Oct 07 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Demo on XBL now (650mb)

Thoughts?
FruitBooTeR

24th Oct 07 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At work atm will download it when i get back hope its good im only buying either pgr4 or this.
Paul_J

24th Oct 07 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDQAJw3qgk0

looks good... hope the physics are a tad more realistic than carbon!
Doug

24th Oct 07 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The game seems good from the demo, but im pretty sure Forza has spolied me for driving games
SwN

24th Oct 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shoud be good for the drag racing and drifting hopefully , but Forza is deffo one of the best if not the best driving game imo
Brett
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
hope the physics are a tad more realistic than carbon!

WTF?!?!?! I buy NFS specifically because it's unrealistic. I don't want to have to brake round corners and I want to be able to take 90 degree bends at 120mph!

If I wanted a proper driving game i'd stick Forza in.

I hope to god it's similar to Carbon.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can almost guarantee the physics wont be realistic

i may be wrong though

for me NFS has always been aimed at chav culture gaming
Brett
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chav culture? You're a fuckin queer sometimes, steve, you really are.
Schlumpfy

24th Oct 07 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're trying to make this realistic unfortunatly. For example when you pop a bodykit on the car you have to make sure the bodykit has the right aerodynamics by putting the car in a wind tunnel etc.
Doug

24th Oct 07 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The damage is really good aswell, I like the way the bumpers hang off
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Chav culture? You're a fuckin queer sometimes, steve, you really are.

do you want to bum me?
Doug

24th Oct 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve your spending too much time flirting, why dont you practise at life.
Brett
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
do you want to bum me?

I knew you'd wanna be the bitch in the relationship
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just watched another vid of it, can someone tell me for the love of god im hearing dump valve noises coming out a ferrari 360 modena
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any no in cockpit view, after playing pgr4 i cant drive a game with no cockpit vew as its the most awesome view you can get
Kurt

24th Oct 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did i spy a cosworth on the trailer?
radicalry00

24th Oct 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i just watched another vid of it, can someone tell me for the love of god im hearing dump valve noises coming out a ferrari 360 modena

Link to said vid? That is extremely daft if that is the case. I'm defo not buying this. As you say it's aimed at the interlectually challenged chav audiences.
Brett
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by radicalry00
As you say it's aimed at the interlectually challenged chav audiences.

That's an intellectually challenged statement in itself Therefore, you are chav, obviously *PSSSHHHTTT*
Schlumpfy

24th Oct 07 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brrap brrap
radicalry00

24th Oct 07 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I concur.

NFS is incredibly simplified and arcadified though. (If arcadified is a word)

[Edited on 24-10-2007 by radicalry00]
Paul_J

24th Oct 07 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am I the only one that thinks Forza (physics wise) is unrealistic???

Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Forza 2? its the best iv seen on a game yet, never going to be 100% but they created a whole new physics forumla, 90% of games just use a set formula for grip etc
Paul_J

24th Oct 07 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
hope the physics are a tad more realistic than carbon!

WTF?!?!?! I buy NFS specifically because it's unrealistic. I don't want to have to brake round corners and I want to be able to take 90 degree bends at 120mph!

If I wanted a proper driving game i'd stick Forza in.

I hope to god it's similar to Carbon.

I prefere to go quick around a bend because I used some skill, be it on a joypad, to balance the car and take a good line...

I don't enjoy turning into the bend and the shoddy physics making the car handle in a really basic and unrealistic way... i.e. completely understeery (with the rear wheels spinning up) or WAY TOO overtseery (when I'm not even turning much)...

The other thing that buggers me about the whole NFS series, is the fact that the AI is 'Arcade' too - so if you are miles and miles ahead (due to driving well!) the AI has a catch up feature that means they will probably be moving a lot faster than is physically possible... What that means is that if u have 1 crash they catch up almost in an instance and your fucked.

In the reverse, if you drive like a lemon, they're ahead and try to catch them up, they drive slightly slower to allow you to catch them..

The result is, it's easier to win by just staying behind / near the other cars till the end and then nos past them across the line, than actually driving as quick as possible.

I could go on and on... (Pathetic Car Upgrades etc)

I had the original Need For Speed years and years ago! you got to drive unmolested Ferrari 355's and Vipers, had full interiors, and it was all about realism.

Somewhere after NFS 3 HP - they lost their way I think...

Don't get me wrong, the latest incarnations are 'a laugh' to pick up and play, but I just get bored due to the pathetically arcadey and easy nature of them... GTA is a arcade / non realistic game, but yet I prefere driving the cars in say GTA VC and running from police than in NFS HP2.
Paul_J

24th Oct 07 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Forza 2? its the best iv seen on a game yet, never going to be 100% but they created a whole new physics forumla, 90% of games just use a set formula for grip etc

How can any game be realistic when the default control method is a game pad? You can't really get a fine balance on throttle / steering.

There are several true simulation racing games on PC, that without a FF wheel and pedals are impossible to play (and I'm not talking about GTR etc)... Some are also online and provide the best online racing, where skill is what gets you the win, not a load of programming to help you drive with a game pad.

Too many Console Fan boys (Xbox 360 + PS2/3) thinking they're setting the benchmark in the world with Xbox Live gaming and next gen graphics.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

How can any game be realistic when the default control method is a game pad? You can't really get a fine balance on throttle / steering.

There are several true simulation racing games on PC, that without a FF wheel and pedals are impossible to play (and I'm not talking about GTR etc)... Some are also online and provide the best online racing, where skill is what gets you the win, not a load of programming to help you drive with a game pad.

Too many Console Fan boys (Xbox 360 + PS2/3) thinking they're setting the benchmark in the world with Xbox Live gaming and next gen graphics.

i had steering wheel and pedals i hated it with the controller

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll