corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Vista and Printers (headache)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vista and Printers (headache)
Fad

User status: Offline
25th Oct 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right my Laoptop runs Vista Basic and I've only ever used it to browse the internet now I need to print off various documents and none of my printers in the house are compatibale....not even the Lexmark Z738 that came free with the lap top.

It says on the box its Vista compatible yet no matter how many drivers I download from Lexmark.com it just wont work.

I'm about ready to go shoot someone over this as nothing I have is compatible with Vista whether it be Nero to actual office software!!!

Quite tempted to go back to XP
JayT

25th Oct 07 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do any printers show when you go to my computer?
Mo

25th Oct 07 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uninstall the printer software/drivers. unplug printer. restart pc. then plug and play. only insert the driver when it asks for it
pow
Premium Member

25th Oct 07 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vista doesnt need printer drivers
ed

25th Oct 07 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can't get it to work with your printer then you will have to force it to use XP drivers lik I have to with my HP. I install the drivers using the update drivers option on the Device Manager using the decompressed files I have downloaded and have opened into a temporary folder.

Though as your printer is supposedly Vista ready then it should actually work using the drivers from Windows Update, or using no additional drivers at all.
Mo

25th Oct 07 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm only going off what i did to get a router to work on vista. i made the mistake of install the aoftware first then trying to get it to work. was told just to let it plug and play.
simon179

25th Oct 07 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simple dont buy lexmark
Mo

25th Oct 07 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Right my Laoptop runs Vista Basic and I've only ever used it to browse the internet now I need to print off various documents and none of my printers in the house are compatibale....not even the Lexmark Z738 that came free with the lap top.

New Poll